Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people already know I have named my Rocket III "Massive" it seemed to fit and it actually got the name after I was joking around with a few friends. I also refer to my bike as a her. That also seemed to fit. Does anyone else have a name for their bike and do you refer to it as a her? :)

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
As displayed the "Skull Crusher" nothing more or less!! In my best (John Wayne) impression, "So when you talk to me pilgram, your talkin to my bike. Now let's get on old Skully and where gonna ride!"

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
29,947 Posts
Well, I do indeed refer to my Bonneville as her sometimes.

And, in a flash of uninspired lack of imagination, she is called Bonnie.

Yeah, it was quite an effort to come up with that one.

However, I have a quite good piece of Alberto Vargas artwork that adornes the seat cowl (which I don't always use) with a scripted "Bonnie" under it.

Which is nice.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
I sometimes call the Norton "The Notrun" even though it is quite reliable for a 50 year old bike.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
None of them have names although my AJS was called a few one time it refused to kick-start !

---------------
Ride on ! :cool:

·
29,947 Posts
My Ninja is called "the kawasaki".

Yes - another in the long line of original pet names for my bikes.

For example - my FT500 was known as "that ****ing thing" or sometimes "nowhatswrongwithit".

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Occasionally, recalling the old margarine jingle, I call it The Blue Bonnet. Mostly, it's "the motorcycle", or "the Bonnie".

"Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it."

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
My friend's wife named my Emerald Green Trophy "The Irish Rocket", and seeing as how my mother came from County Cavan.............

Quite fitting actually: Jim

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
None of them have names although my AJS was called a few one time it refused to kick-start !
---------------
Ride on ! :cool:
No doubt she was cold....heck that reminds me of my "X" cold and hard to start. I also had some names for her as well. :D

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey LEE not to get off the subject. Any interest in the spring ride to Quebec? It seems like a place i'd like to take"HER" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvU95ZO_Oc8
Definitely! We can start to plan for it in early spring. I went up two years ago. I took the Mrs. for a one day trip up over the border and had a late lunch and returned. I would like to hit the city this time.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend's wife named my Emerald Green Trophy "The Irish Rocket", and seeing as how my mother came from County Cavan.............
Quite fitting actually: Jim
As long as you do not refer to it as a English Rocket that title is taken. :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have you ever seen photos of Lucille Ball, before she became a comedienne, trying to break into Hollywood? She was a dancer, maybe for Zeigfeld. She was stunning, and is the reason I named my curvaceous red rocket, Lucy.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
My Daytona is Misty. I'd had her for a couple of weeks before she told me. I was on the return leg of a day ride to Monument Valley. It was late, and it had just rained. I was riding along, thinking about what to name her, when a haze rolled across the road in front of me. I thought to myself "It's kind of misty." Ding ding ding ding! She couldn't have been more clear if she'd had vocal chords.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
........... I was riding along, thinking about what to name her, when a haze rolled across the road in front of me. I thought to myself "It's kind of misty." ..............

.......you're lucky it didn't bucket down !

...I on the other hand was riding thru thunder, I thought "neat" !

---------------
Ride on ! ;)

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
.......you're lucky it didn't bucket down !

...I on the other hand was riding thru thunder, I thought "neat" !
---------------
Ride on ! ;)
Lucky for both of you that you did not come into contact with geese flying over head.....or you might have a very negative name for your bike. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts