Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I have 2 New Years Resolutions!!

first one, Is to get a 75-76 T160 Trident.

And secondly, buy a 60's something small capacity (175 - 350cc) Benelli, MV, Gilera, Parilla, Ducati, Motobi, etc.... And do the Moto Giro d'Italia with my best mate.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Hey man, don't forget about us down here in "Cajun Country!" We have more than a fair share of decent riding, wonderful hospitality and unforgettable cuisine! If you don't believe me, just ask me! Lol!
Oh, don't worry, LA is on the route as well. I'm really looking forward to that part too.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Last year's resolution for me was to get good at wheelies. Spent most of the year working and didn't ride so much. Never mastered the wheelie.

This year I plan to ride ALL the time and wheelie like a fool!

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
To check the air in my tires before every ride. I always "mean" to but miss about 50% of the time.:rolleyes:

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Take Mrs. Rope on an overnight trip.

Match or beat my 2011 milage: 23,800 miles

Make a more colorful 2012 than my 2011:

Oh yea, match 2011's rubber on the road / bike upright, performance.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Good stuff. Are you going to attempt spooning the tyres on yourself?
Yup. I made a tire changer from an old tire on a rim and have seen your tutorial and stuff on YouTube. I made a demounting bar and will see if it works. If not I have 2 Motion Pro spoons and a 16" tire bar.(Motion Pro as well)

One thing that keeps me wondering was when I told the tech at the dealership I was doing the change myself, he told me to be sure and mark the axle.

Will have to google what that means, but I think I know :eek:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I ride my bonnie plenty, but the VAST majority of the time is for commuting. I'd like to do more "fun" rides with her. Most of my leisurely riding is done on my VStar 1300 since the misses is on the back...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
How time flies...here I've been thinking I've been riding 4 years but in reality I'm just entering my 4th year this coming April. Damn! Well anyhow, I figured that out while filling in the map with states traveled just now. The yellow ones are those tagged already and the blue will be tagged this year. I'm kinda happy now that it's only been 3 years of riding. Anyhow, here's this years resolution (in blue)...

I'm not too worried about Nebraska and Iowa, I'll get them on the way to the northwest. Looks like that only leaves 12 to hit after this summer. But I'm not counting Alaska and Hawaii. Alaska will be a trip on it's own and Hawaii will have to wait until I hit the lotto.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
for my 500th post...

I resolve in 2012 to:

1… build up my physical and mental endurance in the saddle.
2… get my bike ready to take the things I need to travel further.
3… lay out the routes and make the plans to take me to my destinations.
4… take more pictures and keep better journals of the rides that I make in 2012.

RICH :cool:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I resolve in 2012 to:

1… build up my physical and mental endurance in the saddle.
2… get my bike ready to take the things I need to travel further.
3… lay out the routes and make the plans to take me to my destinations.
4… take more pictures and keep better journals of the rides that I make in 2012.

RICH :cool:
Excellent. You won't regret it. You might want to forget about plans and routes though, better off to just head in the direction you want to go and let it fall into place from there. That works best for me anyhow. Pack as little as you can. You'll find you wish you had down the road. If you're gonna camp think back packing gear. Have a blast and take lot's of pics. I only wish I'd started doing these trips years ago but I'm glad I'm doing them before it's too late.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
My resolutions:

1- Be a better boyfriend.
2- be a better human being.
3- Get back to Le Mans for the 24 Heures Moto
4- Not vomit in my helmet after drinking too much at the 24 Heures Moto.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The first two are in order, but after that any order is fine.
  1. Lose some weight to get better mileage & speed. I hit the gym lots last year, but then I ate to make up for the energy I expended. :(
  2. Remove the restrictor plate out of my airbox and get a tune from Triumph Twin Power
  3. Take some overnight trips around the province
  4. Take the Total Control Rider Clinic being offered in my area.
  5. Clean & lube the bikes chain more regularly.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts