Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out the specific year, make, and model of the motorcycle ridden by Tom Laughlin in the 1971 film "Billy Jack." I'm fairly sure it's a Triumph, but I don't know much more than that. I'm a fan of the movie, and have been looking for a weekend project. Seems like finding and restoring that particular bike would fit the bill perfectly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Greg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the one...

Rob: that appears to be the one I'm looking for. Consensus seems to be that it is a Triumph T100C 500, with high pipes, probably 1968 or so. Do you agree? By the way, GREAT forum, and thanks to all for your fast replies...

·
Registered
305 Posts
If your on the website that Snakeoil, posted on the left are pictures of other motorcycles in movies. Pamila Anderson is on a Triumph with missiles mounted on the front.

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Sorry, I'm a newbie to Brit bikes and can only share info I've learned about the ones I own. Small headlight, no tach should be good clues. That big kill switch on the right bar is a mid-60's part before they went to the molded Lucas switch housings.

For fun I did a search on the web for pictures or videos with the bike. It is from Billy Jack and not Born Losers. I actually found a video on YouTube of him talking to the female lead while starting the bike and continues to talk to her while it idles. But you cannot see any part of the bike. Somebody will have to watch the movie and make a call on what it is. My local library has free DVDs. Might get it if I'm bored and see if I can copy a still from the video and paste to a file I can save as a JPG. You might try that if you have the DVD.
regards,
Rob

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Just for "chuckles", that "kill button" was last used on the 1970 models, standard on the "C" and optional on the others. I think it was first used in 1968, but I can't swear to it.

The "village idiot's" memory is now a fleeting thing: Jim

·
Registered
625 Posts
It would almost have to be a T100C ... I think they're the only ones that got the small headlight. Speedo only also points to a 'C'. Unfortunately, there isn't enough of the bike in that pic for me to say anything more specific and that appears to be a 'custom' paint job, so I can't even go by color. Really, though ... if you're looking to build a 'replica' bike, I would think that any post '67 T100 would be a fine starting point. That was when the last frame change for the 500 happened and everything else will bolt up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts