Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like going to Borders/Barnes & Noble and checking out the vintage cycle mags and this one stuck out because it's American while most are British - nothing wrong w/ that, but I enjoy the American perspective on things. I threw down $20 for a subscription. What do you subscribe to?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Motorcycle Classics is a good magazine. I don't subscribe to any but pick up some at B&N depending on the articles. I'm not a big B&N supporter but they do have a strong selection of bike magazines. And much like TRAT.net, you can learn some good stuff in many of them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quote from Classic Bike (Britains best seller)

HATED
Retro old Brit-Alike Twins.

Unless commuter bikes,motorcycles should be a little edgy.
Retros aren't.If i want an underpowered,overweight twin,i'll
buy a Harley,ta.

:pkit:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Here's my list:

The Classic Motorcycle (UK) (LOVE IT! great historical coverage of Brit bike (mainly) history)

Classic Bike (UK) (More techincaly oriented than the above)

Bike (UK) (sharp edged.. good racing coverage. top fight road testing.)

Two Wheels Only (UK) (see above & the road tests pull no punches)

The Classic Racer (UK) (The ONLY way to keep up with the classic race scene!)

Motorcycle Classics (US) ( EXCELLENT all around coverage)

Rider (US) (too cheap not to sub. to!)

Cycle World (US) (see above and Peter Egan!)

Motorcyclist (US) (see rider blurb and they have some good techincal articles...helmet piece for instance)

American Motorcyclist (US) (I'm an AMA memeber)

In the past:
Road Runner (US) (lost it's direction after Christian's acceident)

MCN (US) (I just didn't feel I got my moneys worth out of it)

Tried and didn't/haven't subscribed:

Classic Motorcycle Mechanic (UK) (mostly about '70 & early "80s Jap. bikes)

Motorcycle Sports & Leisure (UK) (it's ok..not worth the US sub. cost)

Ride (UK) (I like it but I already spend a small fortune on UK mags! Thinking about a sub. though)

:cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Motorcycle Classics, Classic Bike, Cycle World. Motorcycle Classics is an excellent magazine. I recommend it to any who have not checked it out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I met the Editors and writers for Motorcycle Classics magazine at the Bonneville Vintage GP last summer. They came and talked to me at the garage- I was totally impressed with this bunch of guys and their attitude towards covering our sport. I wish them the best in their fledgling magazine effort. I signed up for two years worth! :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts