Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now available for Bonneville series.
No it does not affect handling - except in extreme wind.

see johnnyrack.com - contact James.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I think that may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Apart from that guy with the ridiculous ape hangers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I always ensure my tank is full prior to long rides. If you are worried about running out petrol a litre container would fit in the nice carrier bags.

Riding in the wind ?

Nice bike though.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
If a biker needs a solution to carry a push bike, then this is a good one. I can see riding out to the hills, parking the bike and doing some mountain biking...of course, I couldn't do it. But what a way to go. I like the rack

thanks for posting. nice to see solutions to these sorts of things.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Saw a fella cruise by with his mtn bike mounted on his GS similarly to this set up. My only transpo to get my mtn bike to the trails is my giant diesel truck. A tad inefficient to say the least. This Moto bike carrier is a helluva good idea IMO.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Taking the love of two wheels a little bit far.Why a Thruxton?

Agreed mind you when I was stranded and could not start the Venom clubman yesterday I was fantasising about a bicycle. An hour later and 100 kicks and a litre of perspiration it started and the bicycle was forgotten.;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Slam, it's a solution to a problem which works. If your into cycling it's a home run. I had a friend who liked to ride with his wife to golf outings, fabbed up a double bag carrier for the back of his scoot and it did the trick, he was happy as h3ll with it and it worked for him and the wife, that's all it had to do...

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Thanks for posting, Slam.

Is the Rocky Mount fork mount added for your pass through forks or some other reason? Looks like the JohnnyRack has a fork mount under the Rocky Mount but maybe I'm not seeing it right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for posting, Slam.

Is the Rocky Mount fork mount added for your pass through forks or some other reason? Looks like the JohnnyRack has a fork mount under the Rocky Mount but maybe I'm not seeing it right.
Yeah I have a Maverick which has a funky front fork clamp system requiring the Rocky Mounts Fork Up. Otherwise normal skewer type forks work fine with the rack...(Though 20mm thru-axles etc will still require a Fork-Up).

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Thanks.

Like others have said, there are times when I transport my (push)bike to the ride location and it would be nice to be able to ride there rather than drive. A problem for me is having to change clothes when I get there, and then store my riding clothes, then change again--and deal with sweat or filth from the ride. Doable if you have a bathroom available--say if you're riding at a resort, and if you have the right storage I guess.

One simpler example is for a trip to southern Utah (Boulder/Escalante) where I have some friends who invite me to stay over for a few days. We do a lot of bicycling while there so I haven't ridden down there yet, even though there's also great motorcycling and the ride down is very nice. So a rack would be a way to take both.

Now I just need a way to carry a guitar case on the bike ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts