Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch it? Holy **** is that ducati fast. Passed rossi on the straight like nothing. Way to go to Stoner. I thought hed put ducati under with all his highsides. Seriously though. Way to go Stoner.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Fn brilliant race,i agree i thought he would crack under the pressure as he has done before.Looks like he might finally be listening to someone.Going to be a interesting season. :hammer:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Great race. Back to REAL racing at last. I stayed up just to watch it :)

:hihi: Ya can tell Stoner's only recently married - it's given him some maturity and boosted his performance, not slowed him down like us old folk :hammer:

Also pleasing to see Rossi congratulate Stoner on the track and in the commentary box. A true "sportsman" that complements his comic irreverence personality.

Russ

·
Registered
70 Posts
Who else noticed that he posted his fastest lap of the race (and the new course record) on THE LAST LAP??!?!! That boy was on fire!

Everybody was so excited it got missed, but it was a 1:56:578 or close to it...eight tenths faster than Rossi's old record lap!

·
Registered
92 Posts
How great was it when finally Rossi got past Stoner, then leads him into the back straight and Stoner was maybe a bike or two behind, then he just WALKS Rossi by 8-9 lengths at the finish :hammer:

What the hell is up with Edwards? Starts third and ends 6th? Dont he and Rossi have identical bikes?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Imagine what Rossi would do if he had anywhere near the power of the Duc!

What happened with Honda :???:

·
Registered
70 Posts
On 2007-03-12 10:05, BillT wrote:
What happened with Honda :???:
Didn't Pedrosa fill the last position on the podium? Hayden looked as if the 800cc engine is going to give him some trouble, tho. That or he was having an off day!

·
Registered
677 Posts
WOW! I got back from my Sunday ride on my S3, did some stuff around the house to get ready for the GP race. I sat down and started watching in the old Lazy Boy chair which I had cranked back and the cat came to join me. I saw Stoner come around Rossi and the two of them begin to play. I thought this is going to be good. Pedrosa entered the picture to increase my interest. Then the next thing I knew the boys were on the podium. It seem when the cat get on my lap its lights out for me. Thanks for you guys filling me in.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Didn't Pedrosa fill the last position on the podium? Hayden looked as if the 800cc engine is going to give him some trouble, tho. That or he was having an off day!
Pedrosa must have 50 lbs on Rossi and Stoner, minimum. Yet Pedrosa manages a third?

Looks like all that off-season testing didn't get everything sorted out for Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda. It'll be a great season, watching these four teams battle. Too bad Kawasaki, Roberts and Ilmor seem destined to be also-rans this year.

Race results here:
MotoGP

·
Registered
77 Posts
that Casey is fast lets see how this year turns out my moneys on Stoner !!!! and not because he won or becouse I am Aussie!!! Danny is going Tobe tuff aswell !!! The DOC?? we'll see..............he'll probably win but I would like to see some of the other guys get it, or just kick the doc's ass!!!

:assim:

[ This message was edited by: bichomalo on 2007-03-12 22:57 ]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hell, what about Hopkins!! He finished fourth, his best finish yet. Definitely going to be a good season of racing.

Anyone catch World Superbike?? Looks like Biaggi might be somewhat of a contender. Looks like he might be going balls out trying to get some wins, since he didn't get a ride in GP last year.

[ This message was edited by: Spidey on 2007-03-15 00:07 ]

·
Registered
397 Posts
FWIW my 2 cents.
1; the ducati is very quick,
2: Qatar is a funny track, some like it most hate it,
3: personally, I hate seeing anyone do the hard yards around the circuit and get blown away down the straight.
4: Casey was vewy,vewy, fast.
5; Hopkins did very well and its about time. I hope Suzuki keep his bike up to specs.
6: Edwards and Rossi do NOT have identical bikes and IMNSHO even if they did the doctor would beat colin 4 out of 5.
7: 800cc 4strokes with traction control are tame compared to the 2 strokes. Faster, due to TC and tyre and suspension technology but easier to ride. [Hey, not for me, but this is supposed to be the series ridden by gods]
8: Trispeed, nothin wrong with falling asleep during a lap dance, but poor form thanking the guys for " filling me in"
9: Nicky, sorry don't rate him.

AA

[ This message was edited by: amberale on 2007-03-15 04:23 ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts