Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if any of you guys done one. 2015 Scrambler and I got the motogadget tiny and m-tri from Baak out of France. They wire the m-tri so it’s plug and play.

Everything is connected and I turn on the key, gauge comes alive, turn signals work but the fuel pump didn’t come on and the ignition is dead in terms of starting the bike. I checked the m-tri connections and that all seems to be correct.

Anyone have issues getting theirs to work?

Thanks for your help!
Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok providing an update. I thought to try plugging in the OEM gauges to see if it’s gauge related and even the OEM gauges didn’t even light up.

There’s a small clock by the rear fender, relay for something I’m guessing?

Battery is showing 11.89 volts

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Battery is showing 11.89 volts
The EFI models have a low voltage threshold below which the bike won't start - 12.1V IIRC - charge your battery and try again.

Tim

~'05 Thruxton~Sport Evolution 1100cc~FCR 39mm~813 cams~shim-under-bucket~+1.5mm valves~45mm headers~Ignitech CDI~m-Lock~m-Unit~Acewell CA85~F3 Frankenfork~Hagon Nitros~6-piston Pretech~520 chain~wide 17" rims~sticky rubber~

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The EFI models have a low voltage threshold below which the bike won't start - 12.1V IIRC - charge your battery and try again.

Tim

~'05 Thruxton~Sport Evolution 1100cc~FCR 39mm~813 cams~shim-under-bucket~+1.5mm valves~45mm headers~Ignitech CDI~m-Lock~m-Unit~Acewell CA85~F3 Frankenfork~Hagon Nitros~6-piston Pretech~520 chain~wide 17" rims~sticky rubber~
I’m gonna give it a go tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put in a brand new battery and still nothing. OEM gauges don’t come on, fuel pump doesn’t prime

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Just a stab in the dark, and probably obvious - but have you checked the fuses?

Tim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have checked the fuses and they all appear to work. One guy on here had the exact same problem but never posted the outcome/solution

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: One fuse blew. Only discovered that by using a multimeter on all of them. Other fuses are good. Put OEM gauges on and bike works fine. Hook up motogadget and gauge comes on, lights work but not fuel pump priming and naturally no start.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Hmmm... OK - has the same fuse blown again? If so, there's definitely a problem with the motogadget wiring...

Tim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No one of the connectors came wired wrong and I was able to spot and fix that issue. Does not blow anymore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts