Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motodynamic, Scrambler, British Customs... three things that go together quite well right?! Almost!

I grabbed a motodynamic tail tidy directly from the site, quick shipping, great packaging, and what looks to be a great quality product. As I was installing it on my 2014 Scrambler with a BC seat, I noticed that there's interference from the rear seat mount bracket and the license plate mount.

I'm hoping that I've just been staring at the ass end of this bike for too long, but it looks like I may have to do some minor modifications to get the seat back into it's standard position. Has anyone encountered this before on a Bonnie or Thrux? I think I'll be cutting two very small vertical slots into the seat mount, as there won't be as much stress on this as the diagonal / rear mounted pieces holding up the brake light and license plate.

Regardless, the light is bright, the sequential signals are awesome and clear, and the brake light is blinding. Bang for your buck, I highly recommend one, assuming your seat is stock or if you've got a dremel handy. Ah well, someone has to be the sacrificial goat!

Will update with pics when she's fixed. Thanks for lookin!

Link to tail light w/ YouTube video.

https://www.motodynamic.com/triumph-scrambler-bonneville-thruxton-fender-eliminator-with-led-tail-light-clear.html

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm not one of those old men who poo poo anything modern and I really like the set up, but I'm just not 100% on the integrated blinker thing. A buddy of mine has a similar integrated light on his bike and I'm not sure I would trust the cagers to see it. I don't know why but I just think separate lights are more visible. Just my opinion and in no way does it matter. :grin2:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not one of those old men who poo poo anything modern and I really like the set up, but I'm just not 100% on the integrated blinker thing. A buddy of mine has a similar integrated light on his bike and I'm not sure I would trust the cagers to see it. I don't know why but I just think separate lights are more visible. Just my opinion and in no way does it matter. :grin2:
I was "concerned" about this as well, but these LEDs flash pretty bright, and I'm one to throw hand signals when I'm in the city anyhow (Vancouver... trust me, it's worth it). I'll see if I'm getting any uh, feedback, from drivers and take it from there. The motodynamic mount came with signal mounts and I've got a set of JokerMachine signals that can be installed quite easily. The harness comes with a section for signals that plugs in line between the tail light and the harness attachment.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, I need to get some LED in my life. As I'm going on about concerns of being noticed, the lighting set up on my '08 is rapidly becoming archaic.

Good looking piece of kit that really does indeed "tidy" the rear of the bike.

Let us know how you get on with it.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Yeah I think your solutions should work fine. I'm not sure why that seat bracket goes all the way across the middle like that anyway...my seat just has 2 tabs hanging down for the mounting bolts :). It looks great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think your solutions should work fine. I'm not sure why that seat bracket goes all the way across the middle like that anyway...my seat just has 2 tabs hanging down for the mounting bolts :). It looks great.
The seat is an aftermarket, British Customs Slammer. The rear mount is different than the stock seat, hence the mishap with the tail tidy. Would be a good comment for MotoDynamic to make on their website consider lots of folks run BC seats on their bikes!

Borrowing a dremel Friday, will have "after" photos during the weekend.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, a few 25mm slots later, she fits like a charm.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts