Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
One I like to watch at Christmas is, the Odessa File. Part of the story takes place around Christmas time. That is good enough reason to watch it this time of year.

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
Christmas for me is listening to Dylan Thomas's 1952 recital of his story "A Child's Christmas in Wales", Root Boy Slim singing "Christmas at K-Mart", The Waitresses doing "Christmas Wrapping", and Wall of Voodoo with "Shouldn't Have Given Him a Gun for Christmas".

By the way, if you can't stand "The Little Drummer Boy", and that's probably all of us, try listening to David Bowie's "Peace on Earth/The Little Drummer Boy", not bad.

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
To give credit where credit is due, David Bowie's "Peace on Earth/The Little Drummer Boy" is a mash-up with Bing Crosby, but a good one. I should have mentioned that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My favorite Christmas tradition is our company Christmas party. For about 16 years, the tradition is for me to arrive in some weird Christmas related costume, then hammer as much alcohol as humanly possible very quickly.

My costumes have included snowman, Grinch, reindeer, tree, Scrooge... this year I was Ron Burgundy riding an elf. I try to make it weird.

Once I’m blitzed, I tell the tale of how the party tradition began for anyone new and uninitiated, because at this point the newbies are starting to get worried.

Then, I preside over the gift exchange, adhering to strict rules of the White Elephant, such as the “three trade freeze.” It gets heated, but my drunken rulings are final.

Then, at the point that I’m getting punchy, I’m usually guided away to pass out for a bit. Everyone else continued drinking, and I’d rejoin whenever I woke up.

In the past, these parties were always fun, but things could get sideways. Apologies the next day, visiting injured coworkers you may have punched, groveling to the receptionist you spoke improperly to...

These days, of course, all of this can’t be tolerated in a business party environment, but we still continue my costumed arrival and drunken gift delivery. My wife comes along to keep me within the bounds of decency. Everyone has a good time.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts