Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its my favorite time to sit around and listen to holiday music and watch old tv shows. From Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to Miracle on 34th Street. It all reminds me of when I was young with no cares and all I had to do was wait for the big day.
I think my favorite music is anything from Bing Crosby and my favorite show has to be Scrooged with Bill Murray! Carol Kane as the ghost of Christmas Present when she cracks Bill with the toaster and David Johansen as the ghost of Christmas past, both characters waaay over the top.And Bobcat Goldthwait makes me laugh the whole way through! The whole movie makes me laugh!
What’s your favorite songs and movies of the season?

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I always hated Christmas and the associated music - it's my birthday around then and that's way more important :D - so 3 or 4 years ago I decided to undergo some aversion therapy. Found a little local radio station in Maine that played non-stop Christmas music from Thanksgiving on and played it non-stop at home (thanks internet radio :) ) It completely changed my attitude and now I look forward to the end of November and putting on the Christmas radio. Had to swap to a channel from Vermont this year. The local adverts are hilarious.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I still prefer the old Alistair Simms "A Christmas Carol", or as it is more commonly known, Scrooge.
Yes on this! I thought it was sacrilege when they coloured it! Always look for the B&W version.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Think my favorite Christmas movie is The Bishops Wife.

Every time I ask the wife if she wants to see a Christmas movie she say OK BUT NOT The Bishops Wife. I think her favorite is Bad Santa (Actually Badder Santa the unrated version)

K

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Badder Santa is great. But like most Christmas movies, I've seen it too many times and don't want to see it again.

I watched American Psycho the other night. There is a Christmas party scene in that, and everyone keeps saying xmas instead of Christmas. That really bothered me, but the rest of the movie was nice. Not sure if it qualifies as a Christmas movie or not though.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
The Godfather had some Christmas scenes but not really a Christmas movie. Course the 1955 film We're No Angels was about three Devils Island escapees at Christmas time On a more modern vein (2000) there is The Family Man with Nicolas Cage & Tea Leoni.

K

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Humphrey Bogart ... prison escape .... Devil Island ... damn sounds good. Was ready to dig in now, but then I saw a trailer and it's not quite as dark as I had hoped for :)

Well if you want dark you might want to look for the unedited Colorized version of It's A Wonderful Life. At the end Uncle Billy remembers what happened to the money.

The crowd goes after Potter. They hang him from his heals like Mussolini. You don't want to know what Zuzu did with a Cattle prod.

Now if you will excuse me I have to go set up the Aluminum Christmas Tree with the green balls (wife vetoed the blue ones). Maybe I will play the Beach Boys Christmas CD.

K

·
Registered
46 Posts
From being about 14 years old until just the last year or so I've always been a Christmas cynic, even when my kids were small. Now however, I find myself enjoying the season. Being an older git (I'm 61 next week) I'm feeling my age more and more and I've lost some good friends recently to the Big C and other issues, so perhaps I'm determined to have fun and a good time whilst I still can?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Its my favorite time to sit around and listen to holiday music and watch old tv shows. From Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to Miracle on 34th Street. It all reminds me of when I was young with no cares and all I had to do was wait for the big day.
I think my favorite music is anything from Bing Crosby and my favorite show has to be Scrooged with Bill Murray! Carol Kane as the ghost of Christmas Present when she cracks Bill with the toaster and David Johansen as the ghost of Christmas past, both characters waaay over the top.And Bobcat Goldthwait makes me laugh the whole way through! The whole movie makes me laugh!
What’s your favorite songs and movies of the season?
I like them all. I start listening to Christmas music in the car, as soon as it comes on. I have a bunch of Christmas ties that I wear from thanksgiving until New Years.

We grew up with very little, and watched my Mom struggle to make it special for us. And it always was, regardless of what we had.

Definitely my favorite time of the year.

And great running weather, is an added bonus!

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
From being about 14 years old until just the last year or so I've always been a Christmas cynic, even when my kids were small. Now however, I find myself enjoying the season. Being an older git (I'm 61 next week) I'm feeling my age more and more and I've lost some good friends recently to the Big C and other issues, so perhaps I'm determined to have fun and a good time whilst I still can?
Welcome to the Snake pit. I know how you feel. I have lost four rider friends this year. All were older than you. The one that passed last week posted out here at one time. Have a Happy Birthday next week 🎂

And now that we have managed to push this thread further down the rabbit hole How's about Pocket Full of Miracles with Glenn Ford and Bette Davis?

K

·
Registered
848 Posts
I know everybody thinks this is strange but my favorite Christmas music is a CD I bought in the late 1990s titled "Acid X-Mas". I can't explain why it's my favorite Christmas music. I'm just weird like that. :LOL:

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
I don't hate Christmas. I like the quiet nights and the lights. I like saying "Merry Christmas" to strangers on the street. I like having the family together.

There are things I am sick of from the repetition, little drummer boy and Elf and stuff. But right now I am liking A Very Murray Christmas, very Christmassy but not worn out. And I like Bill Murray. And I have no use for Miley Cyrus, except gawd damn she owns a stage and is damn good at her job. I very nearly enjoy watching her.

I bring you about my favorite Christmas picture. The dog had just freaked out at Bumbles the abominable snowman on Rudolf. Just shrank away and barked at the TV to the family's laughter. Then he sat next to Mom to protect her. Or be protected. I don't know :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts