Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the most powerful replacement battery made for a t300?
i want the most CCA's i can get so i can protect the sprag clutch...
do not want to go throught that again!!

stock i thibk has 190 CCA...
looking for something like 230-250 CCA.

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
You can't beat lithium for CCA, but you can beat it for a lot of other stuff. I'd probably go with a Deka AGM battery myself, or maybe a good AGM from Batteries Plus for ease of warranty.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
193 Posts
+1 for the Yuasa YTX14-BS fitted to my Trophy 1200. Got the High performance YTX14HL-BS on my Sprint, the claimed CCA being 240. Pleased with both batteries which are going strong after 3 years.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got Interstate AGM'S in all my bikes...They are excellent batteries, reasonably priced and there should be all kinds of dealers in the Atlanta area...Keep 'em charged and they last a long time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered a YTX14-BS and found it was wider than the older one and the battery terminals were reversed! It would not fit inside the battery carrier! Is this the correct number!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I replaced my battery with this battery and its starts much better and is a 1/3 of the weight
SSB 12V 320CCA LH9-B High Performance Lithium Battery

·
Registered
683 Posts
Whatever battery you fit, unless you are riding the bike regularly, always give it a charge before using it. Just not worth the risk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts