Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see how many miles everyone has on their Speedmaster. I'm at 6100, its a 2018 that I picked up in January as a leftover. I started riding it around late March. I have to say it has been a joy to ride this bike, with no issues to report. It handles so well, I just wish it had a little more lean angle. I find myself scraping the boards when I get to aggressive in the turns.

I have made lots of changes, and I as I read this forum it looks like it may not be the popular way to go with the Speedmaster. I know the bikes were built with lots of chrome, but I am just not a chrome kind of guy. I probably should have went with the Bobber Black, but the Speedmaster design looks way better in my opinion along with the riding position I like. Rims, floorboards and the rest of the small stuff will be black for the future changes.

Ken

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Nice bike. Pretty sure over time your bag beneath your headlignt will put wear marks in the paint on the front fender........"been there, done that...."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bike. Pretty sure over time your bag beneath your headlight will put wear marks in the paint on the front fender........"been there, done that...."
Thanks, I did think of that. The bag sits about 2 inch's above the fender. I know you have updated your bike, how about some photos. I always like to see what other owners have done to their rides.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm curious to see how many miles everyone has on their Speedmaster. I'm at 6100, its a 2018 that I picked up in January as a leftover. I started riding it around late March. I have to say it has been a joy to ride this bike, with no issues to report. It handles so well, I just wish it had a little more lean angle. I find myself scraping the boards when I get to aggressive in the turns.

I have made lots of changes, and I as I read this forum it looks like it may not be the popular way to go with the Speedmaster. I know the bikes were built with lots of chrome, but I am just not a chrome kind of guy. I probably should have went with the Bobber Black, but the Speedmaster design looks way better in my opinion along with the riding position I like. Rims, floorboards and the rest of the small stuff will be black for the future changes.

Ken
That's the beauty of all the bikes in the Bonneville range, they can be customised to suit anybody's taste.
I love the chrome on the regular speedmaster but yours looks friggin awesome:grin2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I do appreciate the kind words. Cafracer, I do agree there are so many ways you can go with the Bonneville line up. Like the photo below, its hard to not like what was done to this Speedmaster, it is very cool. I would love to see more photos of members rides, its very interesting to see how people personalize their bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really like what you've done to your Speedmaster. We purchased ours new in April and have put on 1193 miles. The auxiliary lights that you've put on yours what is the brand/model? Also I noticed that you've done away with the brake light. Those two tiny lights on the license plate are those the new brake lights?

Stephen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Stephen,

These are the links to the fog light kit I made. I did not want to spend a whole lot of money on the lights, brackets and switch because I was not sure I would like the look. I have to say they work great and do a good job lighting up the road, they give you a very wide projection. For less than $50, it was definitely worth it, but who knows how long they will hold up, they are made in china.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BF8LVZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GNWCNKO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VM8DPYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The rear lights are from Triumph. They are called Multifunction lights. The brake lights are part of the turn signals. Those are just reflectors on the license plate.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Your front shocks will move way more than 2" when you hit larger bumps, causing the bag to rub the fender.......

Thanks, I did think of that. The bag sits about 2 inch's above the fender. I know you have updated your bike, how about some photos. I always like to see what other owners have done to their rides.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Would love to see a couple pics of your multi-function tail lights/turn signals - both on and off.

Also would love to see detail pic of how you mounted the fog lights......

TIA!

Stephen,

These are the links to the fog light kit I made. I did not want to spend a whole lot of money on the lights, brackets and switch because I was not sure I would like the look. I have to say they work great and do a good job lighting up the road, they give you a very wide projection. For less than $50, it was definitely worth it, but who knows how long they will hold up, they are made in china.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BF8LVZJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GNWCNKO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VM8DPYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The rear lights are from Triumph. They are called Multifunction lights. The brake lights are part of the turn signals. Those are just reflectors on the license plate.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
THANKS! Do like those tail lights - can you use them AND keep the original taillignt?

Can you tell me how you mounted the fog lights? Ok, saw the brackets - didn't know there was space on the forks to mount them......cool....... I want to use them as DRL's .......would wire them to low beam circuit.

Whose front turn signals do you have? They are not stock, correct?

And BTW, bought my Speedmaster on July 1 this year and have 3,000 miles on it. To put that in perspective, I have 3 other classic Triumph's and 2 Harley's that I ride as well.....I probably average a total of 200 miles/week.......will be less now that riding weather is behind us.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can you use them AND keep the original taillight?
The will fit using the single brake light housing, but you will have a wiring issue. When you order the lights you have to order the wiring kit as the single brake light wiring is different. If your good with wiring, then it might not be an issue. I did not like the single brake light look with amber turn signals.

Whose front turn signals do you have? They are not stock, correct?
The fronts are also Triumph multifucntion lights.

nils.d.kavaller, I love the white tank!

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Thanks Yoken, & sorry for the never-ending questions....

What color are the front multi-function lights - they were not ON in your photo with the headlights.....are they yellow? I know they are yellow as turn signals.....

The will fit using the single brake light housing, but you will have a wiring issue. When you order the lights you have to order the wiring kit as the single brake light wiring is different. If your good with wiring, then it might not be an issue. I did not like the single brake light look with amber turn signals.

The fronts are also Triumph multifucntion lights.

nils.d.kavaller, I love the white tank!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Yoken, & sorry for the never-ending questions....

What color are the front multi-function lights - they were not ON in your photo with the headlights.....are they yellow? I know they are yellow as turn signals.....

No problem, I am glad to answer any questions you have. They are amber lights, the stock ones seem to be closer to a yellow light. They are not a running lights, although that would be nice to have them on all the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts