Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know people have been asking about windshields already. What I want from you guys is some up close pictures of the way they are mounted. I eventually want to purchase a windshield. I know a lot of you guys have them from different manufacturer's. I am concerned with spending 200-300 bucks and the thing mounts crummy...i.e. it takes an hour to install and uninstall the thing and it is flimsy. Can anyone with a windshield for their TBA/Speedy please post or email me some pics of their windshields and how they are mounted.. and manufacturer of course??

All responses are appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'd also post this on the BonnevilleAmerica.com forums, should get lots of pix of the Suzuki Marauder mount.

·
Registered
2004 America
1,351 Posts
Check out my Album for the Memphis FatsClick here to see.

[ This message was edited by: Bryan on 2006-11-09 21:22 ]

·
Registered
228 Posts
Triumph Roadster Screen and Memphis Shade lowers. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Windshield - $400-
Lowers - $ 50-

G

·
Brit....If I may ask....how tall are you and how tall is your shield? Do you look over the top of the windshield or through it? Did you order them from Memphis/Triumph or a supplier here. Thanks.

Don

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don,

I am 5' 11", the shield is an OEM Triumph, 16" (measured from top of headlight to top of shield), the lowers and their mounts are from Memphis Shades.

I will not have a shield I can't look over, I don't think it is safe (JMOHO).

Both items were purchased at the Triumph dealership where I work as a motorcycle salesman.

The triumph shield resembles a Memphis Slim as far as shape and size, but I doubt Memphis Shades is their vendor.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
The Windvest looks like a great solution for those that want an easily removable windshield for cold-weather or long-distance highway riding. I'm 6'2" and want something I can see over yet provide some wind protection. More protection than the flyscreen I have now.

G

·
Thanks Brit....I'm 5'11" also, so that combination should work for me when and if I purchase the America or Speedmaster.

Don

·
Registered
2004 America
1,351 Posts
Sorry Geoff I can't remember the mount number I used. If you call them they should know which one to order, I think they have it listed for the Speedmaster. Click here to go to their web site. I believe it was the largest clamp they made and the windshield is 17" with a 7" headlight. Shop around on the net and look for the best price, I wish I could remember who I bought it from. Did you see the pics of the etching I made with the Triumph name on my windshield. It turned out really cool. :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
On 2006-11-12 17:59, Brit26 wrote:
The triumph shield resembles a Memphis Slim as far as shape and size, but I doubt Memphis Shades is their vendor.
If you look closely, I believe you'll see the National Cycle logo on the Roadster screen. The NC heavy duty line appears similar but w/o the spotlight cutouts. After contacting NC to try to get parts separately, they'll tell you (or at least they told me) "We don't make a screen for the Triumph America". After telling them the factory screen had their logo, the response was, 'We don't make a screen for the Triumph America", so there you go (or don't).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2006-11-13 01:22, Bryan wrote:
Sorry Geoff I can't remember the mount number I used. If you call them they should know which one to order, I think they have it listed for the Speedmaster. Click here to go to their web site. I believe it was the largest clamp they made and the windshield is 17" with a 7" headlight. Shop around on the net and look for the best price, I wish I could remember who I bought it from. Did you see the pics of the etching I made with the Triumph name on my windshield. It turned out really cool. :cool:
Yeah I did man. I like that. I don't have that type of talent to be able to do something like that. I t would be nice though. I was looking at that Rio Grande windshield on their website. My buddy has the del rio for his Dyna. They are both basically the same shield, the Rio Grande is 2-inches taller. I like the color shading on their windshields. I will give them a call to see which ones will mount to the quick release brackets. I know the center-to-center spacing of the forks is about 2 inches wider than the dyna and the diameter is about an inch more than the Dyna. We'll see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades Pop Top 18" on my SM. It looks pretty good, but I get some wind buffeting. I'll probably order some lowers, so maybe that will go away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm 5' 7" tall. The windshield is short enough so that I can look over the top of it. I just wanted something to help a little in the colder months.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi gm16sw,

here's a photo of mine.

It's a Triumph Summer Screen and I reckon it's the best. Yeah it's not perfect but overall it suits my tastes and it gives good protection. There is some buffeting depending on the wind speed and direction though I very rarely get hit by bugs which makes me think the air stream goes mainly over my head.

As far as the taking on or off, I just like the look of mine anyway and keep it on. If I wanted to take it off though it quite a simply job.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I am thinking of going with the Memphis Shades, probably the El Paso. Now I was wondering what color scheme to go with. I was thinking of either the black gradient, yellow gradient or the Solar. Check out my bike on the link in my comments section and give me your opinion on which color scheme would look best with my bike.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Check out my Album for the Memphis FatsClick here to see.

[ This message was edited by: Bryan on 2006-11-09 21:22 ]
Bryan:
I can't seem to locate your member gallery. I'd like to see the shield on your bike. Hoping you have the lightbar. I'm wondering if the Memphis Shades screens (Fats/Slim) fit with the Triumph lightbar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slip Streamer Windshield

I finally got my windshield from Dennis Kirk on line. Slip Streamer SS-30. 17"
You have to specify the tapered fork hardware. Not the oversized as they will tell you. If you go this way be sure to have help mounting it. Near impossible to do alone. It sit high enough that you look through it...I'm about 5'9" if your taller then you'd see over it easily.
about $200.
Good luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts