Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get more visible for all the car drivers' out there, didn't want the flashing headlight device, but I've heard that flashing lights are more visible, so a friend of mine who is into bicycling showed me this.

http://www.blackburndesign.com/lights.html#fleafront

It is really, really bright, has low, high, and flash mode. Let me tell you, the flash mode would induce siezures in some people if watched too long and is BRIGHT! It mounts with velcro for removal and is small, lasts for 6 hours on flash mode, and recharges with any 1.5 volt battery (AA)
It's still snowy out here in NY, but I plan on mounting it to the Thruxton this year. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Funnily enough, someone asked pretty much the same question in this month's ride magazine. Don't know the situation over there, but in Germany and the UK, only emergency vehicles are allowed to have any flashing lights. The article reckons that the flashing lights might make cagers waiting to pull out from a side road think your flashing them to pull out and a very flashy light makes it harder for others to judge distance and speed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts