Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now officially obsessed with this stuff. I've wrapped the heel guards, radiator covers, chain guard and fly screen backing plate. I think I've gone as far as I can go. I'm wondering if I could cover my muffler heat shields. They'll probably get too hot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, that looks great, especially for the applications which you have used it. How could the rest of us get a hold of some of that? Nice work. Would love to see some pictures of it on your bike, too.

Peace.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wow. Adding weight to make it look like light weigh carbon fiber = brilliant!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice work the Matte Black buckets and fork tubes from your other thread look great tho think about CF buckets since those are near impossible to get in true CF.
How well do you think it'll protect our gas tanks? This might be better than the 3M paint protection stuff.
Nice way to change color and/or just refresh the look as boredom sets in.
How thick/heavy is it? What's the size sheets it comes in? I got a lot of questions I know.

This stuff is a good amount cheaper than a real CF part and will also fill a nice gap for the guys that want a CF look either with out wanting to spend CF prices or for parts like the gauge cluster backing that can't find the CF part or afford to have one made.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This stuff has been out for a little while. You can get it from a variety of different vendors. I bought this from ebay, but if you do a search on youtube for carbon fiber vinyl you'll get more info than you want.

It has the consistency of electrical tape, but thinner. It comes pretty much in any size sheet you want. If you have challenging contours, you heat it with a hair dryer or heat gun and it immediately softens and stretches around things. You have to keep playing with it. You can't wreck it because if you mess up you just peel it back and try again. Some of the things I wrapped are starting to look shabby because I didn't do a good job, but there is no question you could wrap a whole bike with it. Sorry, no pictures of the bike yet.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wow. Adding weight to make it look like light weigh carbon fiber = brilliant!
Yeh.. realllllllllyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!. It must add seconds to his et `s at the drag strip, & make the bike handle like a dump truck :rolleyes:.

He can always compensate by applying a little less wax to the tank at cleaning time. Maybe cut back on the chain lube.

Why does someone having fun with a relatively inexpensive product always lead to these sorta comments ?.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts