Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i snagged the tuneboy and zard exhaust from geof3

almost paid for it too

any way i will have to buy the key for the tuneboy .

i am surmising it works like this

the software is free to download

the hardware is a cable to go between computer and bike

the key enables the software to reprogram the ecu on the bike ?

what is the difference between tuneboy and tune edit ?

i really cant wait , i am not 100 percent on the zard can , but the header and midpipe part of the system are worth what i paid for it

i can always change the can

who wants to buy a complete stock exhaust ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
you are on the right track. tune edit is is the part of the tuneboy set-up where you load new fuel maps make a customized fuel map correct your speedo error raise or lower the rev limiter among other things. tune diagnostics is like a virtual dashboard. you can see rpms and see what your sensors are reading like temps and stuff like that. tune diagnostics is where you can read and clear any error codes. tune diagnostics and tune edit are both part of the tune boy software. you can do much moer but thats a simplified run down

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Bill,

All of the base tunes are included in the CD. I'll also send you all of my tunes that have some things tweeked for fun. I also geared my bike to 44t in the rear. I have a tune for that as well.

When you get it, we can discuss all the cool stuff it can do. It's fun to play with because you can see everything the motor is doing in real time. You can also diagnose and correct computor errors. It's the closest thing to the Triumph computer you can get. I think it's actually better, simply because the interface is so cool and easy to use.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Henry, I might be interested in the header part of your factory system. I want to build a custom low mount, and if for the right price I can avoid cutting my system up, I would seriously consider it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts