Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that the CE has components that put out more power. "Forged steel crankshaft, forged steel connecting rods, and forged aluminum pistons. Non-CE 955i engines utilized cast versions of these components. These engine components above all of the other CE-specific options set the CE apart from Daytona 955i engines offered every other year, as the maximum power output is much higher than the cast component engines. "

Does anyone know how much power the CE puts out at the rear wheel? Just curious.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I believe all '02 955i's put out 147 'brochure' hp. Maybe all that stuff makes the CE lighter and tougher? But then again, with the SSSA on the CE, they are actually heavier than the DSSA on the other 02's. However, I have heard the Caspian Blue one's are waayyyyy faster. :jiggy:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Erickex, All of the '02> D955i engines are the same, but aside from dispacement they're different from the engines used in the other models.

The CE is specific for it's paint scheme and SSSA.

Brad

·
Registered
295 Posts
Actually, I was enlightened of the differences of the Daytona and Speed Triple a while ago. Those differences you were talking about in the engine are exactly what sets the Daytona engine apart from the Speed 3 engine. Brad is right on about what the actual differences are between the CE and other 'tonas. Oh, and the CE's have a centennial badge on the tank (thus making it heavier again).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Erickex, I don't mean to try to burst your CE bubble, so here is a positive for you: The CE will hold it's value way better, and right now is probably worth at least $1000 more than any other 02 depending on the condition.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The bubble is intact. I've been a Harley guy for the past 15 years so 100 HP would have been a world of difference. I am having a blast on the Daytona. I enjoy pulling the front wheel up, probably too much. Way more fun than burnouts on the old hog.
I pulled the quote about the differences from Wikipedia. I'm a pretty good wrench on an old shovel head but truth be told, I don't know how much difference forged steel vs cast makes. From what you guys say, they are not different at all. All the Daytonas have the forged rods, crank and pistons. If it weren't for that darn tank badge, I could probably keep up with you.

By the way Drakewn, the Caspain Blue is an awesome color. I've seen it in the rear view.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Ericex, I forgot to reply to your RWHP question. Generally stock a '02> D955i will range from 125 to 130 HP. A less restrictive can and remap is generally good for an additional 5-8 RWH.

Brad

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh, and the CE's have a centennial badge on the tank (thus making it heavier again).
Ahhh...but you forgot about the CF sidecovers and infill panels...

And the Caspian blue ones SEEM faster because you glance at one and glance away quickly. It's much harder to tear you eyes away from the Aston green of a Centenary edition...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts