Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have an 07 Bonnie Black w/tors, currently running stock jets, 2 shims, and 3 turns out. My tors are too quiet, I am too cheap to buy new pipes, and I get a little full throttle surging when the weather is cooler.

I would like to gut my tors, ditch the snorkel, and get an K&N airfilter.

Can someone reccomend jet sizes for that set-up?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Since you can see daylight through the TORs, I'm not sure gutting them will reduce restriction much.

TORs usually ship with 115 mains, which work if no other mods are done. I would start with about a 120 when you remove the snorkel.

I don't know how many miles you have on your TORs, but mine have gotten louder over about 2000 miles.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I would like to gut my tors, ditch the snorkel, and get an K&N airfilter.

Can someone reccomend jet sizes for that set-up?
You wont be far wrong with this.............

Stock exhaust with snorkel................110 / 40 / no shims / 1.5 turns
Open exhaust + no snorkel........... ..115 / 40 / no shims / 2.0 turns
Above + Restrictor gone....................120 / 40 / 1 shim / 1.0 turns
Above + enlarged filter inlet...............130 / 40 / no shims / 1.75 turns
Above + no airbox + no filters............145 / 40 / 1 shim / 2.0 turns
((assume) above with pod filters........140 / 40 / 1 shim / 2.0 turns)

V.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Snorkel?

Since you can see daylight through the TORs, I'm not sure gutting them will reduce restriction much.

TORs usually ship with 115 mains, which work if no other mods are done. I would start with about a 120 when you remove the snorkel.

I don't know how many miles you have on your TORs, but mine have gotten louder over about 2000 miles.
When people talk about the snorkel... are they talking about the black snorkel that goes over the air intake on the left side of the Bonnie? I installed a Norman Hyde Bellmouth intake and left the snorkel off as it did not seem to fit any longer... is that "THE" snorkel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts