Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I will be getting a Daytona 675 as my next bike, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the gel seat or any other seat on it. The stock seat is so painful for me to sit on even for a few minutes so I was wondering if there are any options that really work well. Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've read some good and some bad about the gel seat. It looks like it depends mostly on riding temp as the gel stiffens in cooler weather. The Corbin has a nice shape to it and everyone says promotes a more comfortable ride, but they say sliding side to side in turns can be tough due to the molded shape. It kind of locks you into one position.
Just curious, how do you know the seat is painful if you don't have on yet? I have a really bad lower back and used to have leg problems riding my BMW tourer, the Triumph has left me pain free so far. Go figure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read some good and some bad about the gel seat. It looks like it depends mostly on riding temp as the gel stiffens in cooler weather. The Corbin has a nice shape to it and everyone says promotes a more comfortable ride, but they say sliding side to side in turns can be tough due to the molded shape. It kind of locks you into one position.
Just curious, how do you know the seat is painful if you don't have on yet? I have a really bad lower back and used to have leg problems riding my BMW tourer, the Triumph has left me pain free so far. Go figure.
I sat on the bike at the dealer and immediately felt that it was way too hard. How are your wrists holding up?

·
Registered
50 Posts
On the ride home my wrists were sore. I posted on here and got an answer from TripleThreat, one of the mods. Best advise in the world which was to put the Tech-Spec grips on the tank. Here's the posting.
I would give the seat a week or so before you make any decisions.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I have the gel seat on my street bike and the stock seat on my track bike. The gel seat is great, unless you live in a really hot climate. The gel gets very hot sitting in the sun.

The Tech Spec tank grip will make a huge difference in your ability to keep the weight off your wrists. You should be holding yourself up with your core muscles in your stomach, back and legs and not allowing weight to rest on your wrists. The ability to grip the tank with your legs is a must. Weight on the wrists will not only be painful, but it will put unwanted inputs into the bars, which can lead to some cornering problems later on down the road.

Enjoy the new bike...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts