Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice!

John,

Let me know if you end up with this jacket. It's on my short list for high quality riding jackets, that kick butt. Any extra information or opinions are always welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize I'm a couple of months late in replying to your question, but I just took delivery of my Montana jacket from BMG about two weeks ago. I can't say enough good things about it.

I was immediately struck by how heavy it is. Very solid, and the knox shoulder/elbow armor is a nice touch. The leather is a great black (with a touch of brown depending upon the light) and feels like butter.

I have had it out on a couple of runs in 55-60 degree F weather here in Minneapolis. Defintely keeps me warm (without the liner). Not sure if it will be too warm once summer hits, but it seems well ventilated. And you absolutely can't argue with the style (fits my Bonnie perfectly).

Not cheap in terms of $$, but certainly not cheap in terms of quality, either. I feel like there is no doubt that I got my money's worth. And I was impressed by BMG's customer service.

I did order mine one size up (ordered a 44; my suit jacket size is 42) and I'm glad I did.

Hope that helps...
Lindberg

·
Registered
78 Posts
I realize I'm a couple of months late in replying to your question, but I just took delivery of my Montana jacket from BMG about two weeks ago. I can't say enough good things about it.

I was immediately struck by how heavy it is. Very solid, and the knox shoulder/elbow armor is a nice touch. The leather is a great black (with a touch of brown depending upon the light) and feels like butter.

I have had it out on a couple of runs in 55-60 degree F weather here in Minneapolis. Defintely keeps me warm (without the liner). Not sure if it will be too warm once summer hits, but it seems well ventilated. And you absolutely can't argue with the style (fits my Bonnie perfectly).

Not cheap in terms of $$, but certainly not cheap in terms of quality, either. I feel like there is no doubt that I got my money's worth. And I was impressed by BMG's customer service.

I did order mine one size up (ordered a 44; my suit jacket size is 42) and I'm glad I did.

Hope that helps...
Lindberg

I just got mine last week too. They had a special deal going with getting 10% off and a back protector and bike cover for free. I think this is the perfect jacket for a triumph since it's slightly retro, has armor, but has a nice little UK flag on the front. The leather smells and feels great and is very supple. The venting is great. It feels hot when stopped in 80+ but the vents work great while moving. The patina is more dull than what shows on the website but it's a fine looking jacket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts