Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, It's happening this weekend! Check out Ton Up Club Chicago's website. Tonite was the pig roast at Ace Motorcycle & Scooters and tomorrow is the big deal! Head to any Triumph dealer and join in their already organized ride to Lincoln Park for the beginning of the festivities. Ride to Delilah's on Lincoln for the Vintage Motorcycle & Scooter Show--18 categories--ten bucks to enter.

At five is the Mods & Rockers TT Run to the Bottom Lounge at 1375 W. Lake Street. Fish & chips there and Battle of the Bands next.

Let's hope the rain stays away.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
The wife and I went to this show yesterday...lots of cool bikes...weather was good...I took a bunch of pictures...Ill post them when I download them...

We left our bikes at home because we didnt want to ride in the Chicago traffic and we wanted to drink...and I drank quite a bit...Went to sleep at 7:30PM and woke up at 8:00am this morning...:eek:;):D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mods vs. Rockers--Chicago

Yeah! It was a cool event! Ton Up Chicago and the other sponsors did it right this time! What a huge group of cool characters! I rode down with Windy City RATs from Villa Park, right down North Ave, through Peurto Rico Independence Day Celebrations in Humboldt Park..."Just keep waving... and smiling!" No problems and lots of fun.

What great weather! What great people! Hey, if anyone is riding into the city, or visiting Chicago for any reason, stop in to say hello (and buy something) at Ace Scooters & Motorcycles, Motoworks Triumph, Delilah's and their neighbors on Lincoln Ave. Great groups of people, all with the right attitude!

I only wish I could have spent more time, like Friday night at the pig roast at Ace, and later Saturday night at Delilah's and then late night at The Bottom Lounge!

Had to leave and stop at Booby's on Milwaukee for the Skirt Steak Sandwich (to write home about). Hope to catch you guys at the next big gig!

Peace,:cool:

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I get my bike serviced at MCC...:cool:

Heres a pic of me having a smoke between beers...;)

Ill post some more pics of some bikes in the BHO later/tomorrow...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep. Was a blast. Only had a chance to go on Sat for a couple hours, but was a lot of fun. Some really awesome rides there. Seemed like a lot more people came this year than last. Had to park past that 7-11. Probably walked by a couple of you cats there. Good times!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Im going to post ALOT of pics in the "rides and events picture gallery"...give me a bit...I took quite a few...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Breakfast Ride Saturday Morning?

Mods vs. Rockers was awesome! Love this event. Will be back next year.

On a slightly diff note, I am trying to get a ride together Saturday morning. It's supposed to be 70 and sunny, perfect for riding. Meet at 8am at MCC in Villa Park. Kickstands up at 8.30 and ride the 35 to 40 minutes west to Galena or St. Charles for breakfast. (always must mention food to get some folks motivated!)
Then we can head south or north along the river...

I can only be gone for a couple hours so this is pretty good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd love to join ya for one of these rides! I'll actually be riding to Mt. Prospect late tonight. GF has some "surprise" in store for me so I think Sat might not work out. I actually just joined the Windy City Rats group on FB last week, so I'll glance over every once in awhile there to see if any rides are coming up.

Galena and St. Charles are pretty good areas for a ride though. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
My schedule is a little tight for that week so I might be flying in.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I will be there for the Friday pre-party at Ace cycle/scooter. I've found thats a bit more fun than the big event.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts