Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new '07 T100 today. AI already removed. I was wondering, if I replace the pipes, do the "cut-up airbox mod", put on K&N filters, and re-jet all myself, will i be voiding my warranty? I already have all the parts, should I just let a dealer do the work....i really dont want to have to pay labor on something i can easily do myself. Any suggestions/experiences will be useful. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Right, but if you lean it out and start burning, you could be buying another upgrade. Just deal with people/companies with a track record, and you'll be good.

Keep all your receipts to show you bought and installed the correct parts.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
GrayMitchell,

Man... that's a good question you propose. It's the main reason I had my dealer perform and install any mods I've wanted, that were performance enhancement or electrical in any way. Better to be on the safe side was my way of thinking.

There has been a few things they talked me out of, and even one electrical mod they wouldn't let me do. Not unless I was willing to void the warranty on any potential electrical issues. And that's because it would have tapped into the bike's electrical system.

This particular shop's a great representative/dealer for Triumph. Kudos to Lone Star in Austin, TX. I respect their opinions and they always treat me right. At least they always keep me coming back for more. :-D

The advice of a reputable Triumph dealer (mainly their best Triumph mechanic) is priceless IMO. So it would kinda depend on your dealer and how they relate to you. If your lucky enough to know an honest dealership in your area... one that keeps YOUR interest in mind (as opposed to their interest)... I'd use 'em.

I do know for a fact that there's actually a lot you CAN do yourself. They should be willing to admit this to you as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts