Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Have a 2005 Speed Triple, love it so far, just wondering what sort of modding options there are for the bike and if there's anything worthwhile doing?

Thanks in advance :)

P.

·
Super Moderator
22,198 Posts
Welcome
Not sure if you're referring to performance, aesthetic or ???
Suggest you just read the forum and I'm sure you will get ideas from what you see.

p.s. Add your model year to the 'favourite bike' in your profile - we have many different models covered and it helps to have that info directly available under your SN

·
Registered
28 Posts
It took a heck of a lot of work but I finally got mine the way I want it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Unless you're already setup I'd say the improvement with the most impact would be suspension upgrade and setup, and the best tires you can get. Everything else is just icing.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Unless you're already setup I'd say the improvement with the most impact would be suspension upgrade and setup, and the best tires you can get. Everything else is just icing.

What he said,
then it's just a matter of YOUR intended use as to what you put on your bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey

Suspension and Tyres are fine, was looking more cosmetically and/or protection wise

Its got a few of those R&G Bobbins on the engine at the moment, I've taken the fly screen off it as I didn't like it caused a weave at 115+, has a tail tidy, exhausts etc.

I've seen a few pictures where people have things in the holes on the wheels? like a cap? what are they/where do you get them from/what do they do?

Mirrors? I have some universal stock ones on there at the moment, after something a bit nicer but don't want to spend £££ ie rizoma territory... can anyone recommend any?

Bars worth changing at all? Flat/Clip On?

Thanks again in advance,

P.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As far as the "things in the holes in the wheels" go, you can get axle sliders that run a rod through the hole in the middle and add a bobbin on one/both ends - twistedthrottle.com has the GSG and R&G ones. Same general idea as a frame slider. That site also has a reasonable cross-section of the other sorts of parts/knicknacks you can get. If you're concerned about protection you might want to look at the various engine/crankcase protectors or some bar end sliders.

Cosmetically there's a ton of carbon fiber bits out and about for a bike of your year, mine's a different model so I don't have them bookmarked, sorry.

The Triumph accessory mirrors are fairly popular but I"m not sure they're any cheaper than the Rizomas.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey

Suspension and Tyres are fine, was looking more cosmetically and/or protection wise

Its got a few of those R&G Bobbins on the engine at the moment, I've taken the fly screen off it as I didn't like it caused a weave at 115+, has a tail tidy, exhausts etc.

I've seen a few pictures where people have things in the holes on the wheels? like a cap? what are they/where do you get them from/what do they do?

Mirrors? I have some universal stock ones on there at the moment, after something a bit nicer but don't want to spend £££ ie rizoma territory... can anyone recommend any?

Bars worth changing at all? Flat/Clip On?

Thanks again in advance,

P.
The axle nut covers are available on the triumph website as are the bar end mirrors,or you could check out sites such as puretriumph.com or britishcustoms.com

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
You can side mount your plate , if legal , install DEcosse v2.0 keyless remote ignition ( awesome ) HIDS or 2011 headlamps sent to SickHIDs. OES makes a nice 4 piece slider set.
Rizoma makes some real nice grips. eBay has several vendors of the " triumph " mirrors for about half price . Check out my garage or my blackout thread for ideas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts