Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey chaps,

Just purchased an 08 Triple in Roulette green. Absolutely loving it so far. Its my first road bike, as I've always dabbled in motocross bikes before this.

My question is... Mods. I love the look of the arrow 3 in 1 exhaust. A pricey mod, but looks good, and I hear good things about it. Visually though, I want to take the triple away from stock.
The green is a different beast to other colours, and I dont think it suits certain accessories as well as other colours.

I'm thinking:
Arrow exhaust
Belly pan
Seat cowl
Rear hugger

Any one have those options on, and have a photo? (or something similar?)
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the mivv GP slip-on, about a third of the price of the Arrow system. The stock headers are great and probably shaved 30lbs. off (those stock cans are HEAVY), getting rid of the cans & mid-pipe.
Bar-end mirrors are a must. Fender eliminator, the list can go on and on.
Good luck!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Keep in mind for your mods that you have an 07, not an 08. This will come into play especially with your exhaust system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey 'Ride',

My bike is a March 08 bike, not an 07? (Perhaps foolishly) I assumed it was therefore an 08 bike? Is that not the case? How can I check? I've not ridden this weekend, and I'm desperate to get back on my bike!!!

In terms of exhausts the mivv GP slip-on sounds pretty kl, definatly something I'll look into so cheers for that! What sort of cost is involved in fitting exhausts on bikes these days?

Any other must have add on's??

·
Registered
7 Posts
First thing i bought was a R&G tail tidy then a R&G radiator and oil cooler cover, to protect against stone damage etc! As above a rear hugger is a must imo saves a lot of cleaning ! I also bought some headlight protectors with speed triple on very slight tint! more to come it a expensive hobby ha-ha! And good choice on green I got a 2007 green :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey 'Ride',

My bike is a March 08 bike, not an 07? (Perhaps foolishly) I assumed it was therefore an 08 bike? Is that not the case? How can I check? I've not ridden this weekend, and I'm desperate to get back on my bike!!!

In terms of exhausts the mivv GP slip-on sounds pretty kl, definatly something I'll look into so cheers for that! What sort of cost is involved in fitting exhausts on bikes these days?

Any other must have add on's??
Green is not a option on 08.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put the exhaust on myself (not a difficult job at all) and have been running the stock tune. I'm getting a Tuneboy though, or I suppose you could go to your shop for that.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I would agree

Hugger to keep your shock clean (ish)
Tail tidy ( I have an r&g )
stone guard for rads would be a good idea right at the beginning
I would also get rid of the mirrors and buy some that work and look good.
Oh and some white panels to make it look much better http://www.triumphrat.net/images/icons/icon12.gif
( oh no did he start a colour war)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I tend to upgrade my riding gear before doing mods for the bike.

I'm not into cosmetic mods like belly pans or seat cowls. have you seen the cost of those things, you could spend 5 or $600 on those $5 pieces of plastic that are essentially useless.

Frame sliders, fender eliminator, and upgraded seat would be first order of business for me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
do you have gold or black forks. green and gold forks = 07' Hopefully the dealer did not mislead you. Also, do you have the newer wheels? Thats a dead givaway.

·
Registered
360 Posts
seat cowl looks like a total afterthought on this bike and actually does nothing to enhance the look or perception of the short-chopped rear IMO. I think the bike looks better without it.

rad/oil cooler guards are a sensible first item to get, stock mirrors work fine but bar ends look better IMO.

GP style slip on rather than full Arrow (or other) system to save yourself some major coin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts