Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the dealers on Friday and got into a conversation about the Arrow Low Boy for my '05 1050 but at £842 plus labour it's a serious investment. I've been looking around and the MIVV looks interesting and apparently runs on the standard map and is I assume a slip on low can - at about £300! I have seen some reports on here of torque loss which is a turn off, but would welcome comments. The stainless X-Cone is even cheaper!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Don't believe the hype, the Mivv is a great can. There is a better tune for it though, I have it but can't think of it off the top of my head. If you get it I will look for the tune name and pass it along.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. I assume the map swap is a diy job - I used to do that on my Subaru so guess I would be capable

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are going for weight loss and better handling and sound go with MIVV,but if you want all that plus hp/TQ gain go with Arrow Low Boy.Half price ,half fun.:D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the MIVV low mount CF slip on with CAI intact and am running the Arrow Low Boy tune. The bike runs and sounds great and there is none of that hesitation off the line or tons of popping on decel that others have reported.

As far as torque/power loss, don't really find myself thinking that at all. The bike is a beast and pulls like a freight train. Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will ask the dealer but they are shut now - what will it cost me to get the Arrow Low Boy Tune, or is there a better way?

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
^ this. If you used to do the flashing on the Scoob, you will have no trouble here at all. Especially if it was one of the older models where you needed to do connect the test connector first, that step is out. Pretty much just connect and go. Check out the TuneECU site for more info as well.

Depending on the cable you have it may work, I can tell you the Tactrix cable does not due to the chipset I guess.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I legit almost didnt buy the MIVV after first seeing this video. Thing sounds terrible.

That being said, yes, I would say that bike is either running the OEM tune or some other tune that is no good. My bike sounds and runs great with the MIVV and the Arrow low boy tune. Only other thing I have done is dropped in a K&N air filter, and I left SAI intact.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That video is awful. Something is either wrong with the tuning of that bike, or the pipe has been abused and needs to be repacked. Based on the logo, that pipe is at least four years old (there's a newer logo now).

My wife has twin MIVV's like that on her Street Triple (no dBkillers), and she gets comments that include the words "amazing", "eargasm", and "you should have to pay to ride behind that bike".

So don't be afraid to get the MIVV. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Used TuneBoy but don't know the code. Kept the SAI and also the dB killer (quiet neighborhood after all). Runs/rides great with no stumbles or dips anymore. I only paid $250 for my MIVV Carbon GP so how can I not highly recommend it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just about to order it now, after getting the UK supplier to price match the cheaper Italian supplied eBay item, but will the link pipe supplied with the new can include the boss for (what I assume is the) the lambda sensor?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just about to order it now, after getting the UK supplier to price match the cheaper Italian supplied eBay item, but will the link pipe supplied with the new can include the boss for (what I assume is the) the lambda sensor?
Depends on the model year you specify. If you ask for the 07-10 kit, there will be no 02 bung on the short "mid pipe" piece. If you specify the 06 or earlier, it will have the bung welded on.

Bear in mind, there are some 07's that may still need the 02 bung on that piece of pipe depending on VIN number. Make sure you check your OEM setup.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is imperative that you get the right part number. For the 2005 Speed Triple, you need part number T.005.(whatever). It has the port for the O2 sensor in the right place.

BTW, that eBay seller sucks. You won't get good warranty service from them in the rare case something goes wrong.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts