Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 2012 Bonneville SE for major service a few weeks ago at non-dealer shop. I was quite happy with the work done until I noticed a bolt on the engine case missing! I tried finding it in the diagrams but had no luck. It is on the engine case just above the front sprocket.

Does anyone know what this bolt is for? Bike seems to work just fine, but it seems wrong not to have all bolts. Also, what is the part # or diagram I could find that?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
05 Speedmaster
101 Posts
Bruins

I have an 05 Speedmaster and If I recall without looking at mine, which I'll do tonight, that hole is for a plastic wire holder that pushes into the hole then has a ~1/2" diameter ring to to guide a sheathed set of wires coming out of the case.

I don't know whether yours is the same setup but perhaps...

·
Administrator
2,956 Posts
Yep, as they stated its a plastic cable holder hole from the carb bikes. Mine never liked to stay stuck in place unit I added a little RTV or something to hold it.

·
Registered
05 Speedmaster
101 Posts
OK, that's good. Thank you guys for the quick response.

@tschanne lmk what you find just to confirm! Much appreciated.
I took a look when I got home and as I said it's for the push in wire holder for the wires coming out of the right side cases.

I epoxed mine in as once you pull it out the little one way plastic ribs on the pin that goes into the hole don't hold as well the next time around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts