Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold it months back. Got a great deal on a 08 Graffitie CBR 600RR. Been missing my S3. Cant decide if I should SF a 636 I've been looking at or get a Z1000 that is mint or get a left over 08 or 09 S3

05 S3

Pro's: Rare, didnt see myself every time I turned the corner like a gixxer bike! Very fun to ride. Best of both worlds. Could rip it with the sport bikes or cruise with the cruisers. Comfy, didnt strain my elbows/wrist/back. Loved the hooligan look of a street fighter. Torque and lots of it! Easy to clean.

Con's: Parts! Wow is **** expensive and or hard to get. I wanted a steering stabalizer but didnt like the ones that were available. High compression finiky motor. Spark plugs were a pain to get out. Clutch seemed to be sticky along with a clunky gear box.Charging system was dated. Bolts oxidized prior to me owning. Not much top end.

If I were to do it over: Leave the exhaust alone! I didnt like the popping and back firing. Plus I dont mind the look of the stockers. I would also buy a left over and not one of some kid. I probabbly wouldnt put full synthetic oil in it. I noticed the clutch started to act up and not engage properly.

Just wanted everyones opinion (of course I know most will be biased).

·
Registered
5 Posts
u nailed the clutch problems,i have an 08, and have all the problems u just stated with it.

i thought it was just mine, glad im not the only one

Sold it months back. Got a great deal on a 08 Graffitie CBR 600RR. Been missing my S3. Cant decide if I should SF a 636 I've been looking at or get a Z1000 that is mint or get a left over 08 or 09 S3

05 S3

Pro's: Rare, didnt see myself every time I turned the corner like a gixxer bike! Very fun to ride. Best of both worlds. Could rip it with the sport bikes or cruise with the cruisers. Comfy, didnt strain my elbows/wrist/back. Loved the hooligan look of a street fighter. Torque and lots of it! Easy to clean.

Con's: Parts! Wow is **** expensive and or hard to get. I wanted a steering stabalizer but didnt like the ones that were available. High compression finiky motor. Spark plugs were a pain to get out. Clutch seemed to be sticky along with a clunky gear box.Charging system was dated. Bolts oxidized prior to me owning. Not much top end.

If I were to do it over: Leave the exhaust alone! I didnt like the popping and back firing. Plus I dont mind the look of the stockers. I would also buy a left over and not one of some kid. I probabbly wouldnt put full synthetic oil in it. I noticed the clutch started to act up and not engage properly.

Just wanted everyones opinion (of course I know most will be biased).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
u nailed the clutch problems,i have an 08, and have all the problems u just stated with it.

i thought it was just mine, glad im not the only one
What oil are you running in it? What exhaust?

It's not perfect but on the road bike it's a better bike, period.
Well I've come to the conclusion that I need about 8 bikes... A chopper for cruising and looking cool. A busa for touring and drag racing, an F4I or 636 for stunting,600RR for hitting the twisties and track ridding, a gixxer 1000 for when I'm feeling slow and need a complete ego rush, and finaly the S3 does everything well just not perfect... So if I can only have one it seems the 3S would be the answer. The main thing that has me hung up is the clutch/gear box and parts costs and availibility...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts