Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The movie "Mischief" was filmed in the mid 80's in Nelsonville Ohio. Staged "Late fifties". Motorcycle mocked up to look like a 59. If I remember, I figured it to be a 1969 Triumph. If you get the chance to view this flick, you will enjoy the motrcycle scenes in it. I haven't seen the movie in a few years,but since I'm down with 'cabin fever' I might try to find this movie, just to watch the old Triumph in action.
Other good Triumph flicks: Clint Eastwoods police Moto Guzzie changes into a Triumph on what movie?
:Evels(Viva Knevel) Sportster turns into a Triumph with a Sprotster air cleaner cover mounted on the right side.
:"Officer and Gentlemam" has good Triumph scenes.
:"Then Came Bronson" I watch this movie about twice a year. Although he rides the Famous Bronson Sportster. The original bike was supposed to be a Triumph. Bud Edkins does the stunts. No visible signs of Triumph on this flick.On one Bronson TV episode, A Triumph is ridden.
Anyone on this board that bored? Anyway check out "Mischief" and pick the bike apart!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does anyone know the name of the tv series starring Keegan? I forgot his first name. It was on TV in the '60's I believe. I think he was a construction boss. Rode a triumph. :???:

·
Super Moderator
13,528 Posts
"Clint Eastwoods police Moto Guzzie..."

That's "Magnum Force", no? Maybe "The Enforcer"...

Better movie: Clint Eastwood in "Coogan's Bluff", with two Bonnies in chase scene (maybe it's one Bonnie and one Tiger/TR6).

"Officer and Gentleman"

Not only did I sell the current owner of the movie bike (78 Bonnie) with a tail light lens, I RODE the bike in the parking lot at Barber's last year. Nice guy, cool bike.

"Then Came Bronson"

Did you see the hillclimb episode where his Sportster magically gets knobbies and makes 2-stroke sounds as it climbs the hill?
They did try to "disguise" the little ring-ding by putting a cloned sissy bar on it...

·
Registered
212 Posts
GPZ,
You hit the nail on the head with "Coogan's Bluff"! The best motorcycle chase scene EVER! The bad guy jumps on '67 500 Daytona, and almost run's Coogan (Clint Eastwood) down and almost collides with a '67 Bonneville and stalls the 500. The rider of the Bonnie and his passenger take a soft fall and Coogan runs up and commandeers the Bonneville, the bike fire simultaneously and the chase is on through Central Park in NYC. Whoever did the stunt riding were top notch riders, up and down stairs, up hills, hairpin turns on paved hiking paths etc. etc. It was probobly Ekins and Mulder, or J.N.Roberts, riders of that calibre, WHAT A GREAT CHASE! Too bad they didn't put stunt performers in the credits back then.
Do you know where I might be able to obtain a copy of the "Then Came Bronson" pilot movie on DVD or VHS? the only copy I have was recorded off pre cable TV with commercials and has gotten quite grainy these days!

[ This message was edited by: OldTimeBiker on 2007-02-12 23:10 ]

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Okie,

I think you're thinking of the series "Wildcatters" which starred Keenan Wynn as the boss of a freelance oil well crew. He rode a Triumph in the series, I'm sure, and he was also an avid rider off screen. I think I remember seeing a photo of him and Lee Marvin about to ride in the old Catalina "Grand Prix" in the '60s.

We only had one tv and my dad usually watched something else...wish they'd bring it back on the classic cable channels: Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Other movies featuring Triumphs-
Officer an a Gentleman- Black late 70s Bonnie?
Thunderheart- Trophy Trail?

·
Registered
367 Posts
there is a film with jean-claude Vandamme(a belgian actor)
on which he restore a 68 bonnevilleand take it to escape the police.don't remember the name of the movie...but the bike is obviously the star of the movie and stunts are not bad either!!
ben

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
PEINTREMONDAIN:

THE MOVIE WAS "NOWHERE TO RUN".

..AND I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE IF ONE'S GOT A TRIUMPH: JIM

[ This message was edited by: jimballard on 2007-02-13 11:51 ]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey guy's' I snapped to the actors name after I shut down, but Jim B. already knew it. I never did remember the name of the movie. Being an old ruff neck it probably was a psychological slip, talking about hard work. It's amazing the general information you guy's know about Triumph's. Me, I no nothing about Triumph's , in spite of owning one a long time ago and this one. I know a little about Meridan era and that it was the only "other" bike that was acceptable in the world I lived in until I made a u-turn in 1980. So this is all new to me since it became my only ride in the new millennium. Love this forum. I'm thinking about resurrecting one in the near future. :) Hell, all a guy needs is a few bucks, a little mech. ability, a place to work and mainly the brothers at TRIUMPHRAT.NET. Amen. PS; If anyone needs a little help with HOGS, I might be able to help you there :upthumb:

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Well, all, at least there's one advantage to being ol....er, um, ah, a more "mature" member of this online "den of iniquity."

AIN'T IT GRAND!!? JIM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts