Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Magnum Plus mirrors in convex. I first tried the flat glass and it doesn't work. There's not enough field of view. The convex mirrors respond more to vibration but you definitely can see more. Also, while the ellipse mirrors may look cool, you can see more with larger mirrors like the stock ones or the Magnums.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Convex aftermarket H-D mirrors with the adaptor.
Like them A LOT.
you can actually see whats behind you and coming up on the side now.
IMHO convex is the way to go.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A simple test

I would go to the local auto parts store and find a couple of round convex stick on mirrors that fit the diameter of the stock mirrors. Apply them, adjust for field of view, and go out for a spin.

Or, use a stick on convex mirror on one mirror, and leave the other stock mirror unaltered for the test

They are pretty inexpensive compared to buying a set of mirror assemblies. The adhesive strip is a bit strong, so, if you don't want the test to be a permanent application, get some two sided scotch tape, leave the peel off paper strip on the back side of the convex, apply the tape to the paper, and use that to attach the mirror to the stock mirror. If you decide you really like 'em, remove the convex, the two way scotch tape, clean whatever tape glue there might be left off the mirror, then peel off the paper strip and attach 'em with the sticky pad of convex mirror. Simple 'eh,,,

I use them on my pick-up and they greatly improve the field of view. They eliminate the blind spots. I drive a semi, and that is where I really appreciate what they can do.

I'm glad that you posted this 'cause I've been meaning to get to the auto parts place and do just what I'm typing about.

Cheers !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts