Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi Mate,

If memory serves me well, one is right and one is left, but can't remember which one is which. And yes, they're 10mm.

Are you thinking of putting mirror extenders on, or different mirrors ??

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
They're both RHT. And 10mm. I put (home made) extenders on mine which improved the view no end, as I already know what my elbows look like. Makes filtering a touch more difficult though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tiger Mirrors

I am 6' 5" and 285 lbs and also got tired of looking at my elbows. The mirror extenders helped but the big breakthrough was combining them with a set of Speed Triple mirrors. That hint came from this site somewhere. The Speed Triple mirrors are mounted at the end of the mirror as opposed to the centerline and this adds a crucial few inches to their positioning. Plus they are really sporty looking!! Filtering is illegal here so not a concern for me.

Geoff

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers

thanks for the tips my original mirrors are a bit rusty and pitted just wanted something new ill look for speed triple mirrors are there any good web sites to look for regards the dog:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mirrors

No problem, glad to help.I was lucky enough not to have to go anywhere other than the Classifieds on this site.Why not put an ad in the Wanted stuff and also put a post in the Speed Triple Forum to see if they can help.I see a lot of talk about the Bar end mirrors that some of the sport bike guys switch to so there must be a lot of OEM mirrors stuffed into bins in garages world wide. I even got a brand new set of rubber mirror boots with mine.

It is -17 C here and several feet of snow on the deck so all this talk of riding only gets me anxious for spring.

Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts