Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hopefully getting some body coloured mirrors soon. Has anyone replaced theirs for any reason, and if so how easy / difficult is it to do especially with the wiring etc.
Did a search but couldn't find anything specific.
Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Easy to do, just take your time. Best to take out the screen and the infill panels which cover the mirror fixings. You will probably drop at least one of the mirror retaining nuts down into the lower fairing area. It seems to be this is what you have to do. Again don't loose your cool, have a look for it, and then remove the fairing lower to have a better look and retrieve. I use a length of wire to help guide the nuts on and off the mirror studs. Wiring is dead simple, just be a little careful threading the connectors through the rubber grommets thingys.
Cheers, Simmo

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy to do, just take your time. Best to take out the screen and the infill panels which cover the mirror fixings. You will probably drop at least one of the mirror retaining nuts down into the lower fairing area. It seems to be this is what you have to do. Again don't loose your cool, have a look for it, and then remove the fairing lower to have a better look and retrieve. I use a length of wire to help guide the nuts on and off the mirror studs. Wiring is dead simple, just be a little careful threading the connectors through the rubber grommets thingys.
Cheers, Simmo
Thx a lot :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts