Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just thought i'd finnally introduce my self and ask a guestion...

My name is michael, I've been lurking around here since july when i got my sprint just soaking up knowledge and getting aquainted(trying to avoid the typical newb questions...how much oil do i need and what kind, whats the best exhaust, whats the best tire...etc) with my sprint and bikes in general,(this being my first) I spent most of the summer looking mostly for a Ducati or a Triumph,(neither of witch has much of a market here in omaha) and found my 2000 st. Its an awesome bike and I think a pretty good beginer...provided you are capable of excersizing restraint and having enough sense to know your limits and not excede them.

Onto my question...i'm not really a fan of the mirrors...however i don't really like the idea of bar end mirrors either and after looking around I don't really see any after market options using the factory mounts. I was woundering if maybe mirrors off an RS or maybe a Daytona would bolt up?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Omaha/La Vista here e-mail me at [email protected] and I can give ya the 411 here in Omaha.

hi, just thought i'd finnally introduce my self and ask a guestion...

My name is michael, I've been lurking around here since july when i got my sprint just soaking up knowledge and getting aquainted(trying to avoid the typical newb questions...how much oil do i need and what kind, whats the best exhaust, whats the best tire...etc) with my sprint and bikes in general,(this being my first) I spent most of the summer looking mostly for a Ducati or a Triumph,(neither of witch has much of a market here in omaha) and found my 2000 st. Its an awesome bike and I think a pretty good beginer...provided you are capable of excersizing restraint and having enough sense to know your limits and not excede them.

Onto my question...i'm not really a fan of the mirrors...however i don't really like the idea of bar end mirrors either and after looking around I don't really see any after market options using the factory mounts. I was woundering if maybe mirrors off an RS or maybe a Daytona would bolt up?

·
Registered
348 Posts
RS mirrors are horrible so you can forget that idea. I just installed Suzuki GS500F mirrors on my RS. It rained all day so I've not actually ridden with them but they appear to be a good replacement and are cheaper than VFR mirrors. I'm going to post a thread once I test them fully.

·
Registered
209 Posts
RS mirrors are horrible so you can forget that idea. I just installed Suzuki GS500F mirrors on my RS. It rained all day so I've not actually ridden with them but they appear to be a good replacement and are cheaper than VFR mirrors. I'm going to post a thread once I test them fully.

Hey man! Let me know how those mirrors work out. Oh, and if you can, post some pics! I'd love to see how it looks and holds up. Also, if you get the chance to do a high speed pass or something, I'd be interested in knowing if they folded up, or kept their composure. I'm usually up around 80+ over here, so I need something that will be cool between 80 and 130 MPH. Ummm, and before you ask...yeah, that's normal traffic speed on the German Autobahn, so I'm just keeping up... and sometimes even getting passed by BMW, Mercedes and Porsches...and sometimes even the occasional minivan...LOL ... Nah, I'm not kinding about that either! :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Replacing the stock pre 05 mirrors with 2K Honda VFR mirrors is a standard mod. I'm sure you can find a thread or two discussing it.

They will also fit onto the +05 with a bit of modification.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i must have been asking the search engine the wrong questions...those mirrors do look good though, and about what i'm looking for...

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome 8616v,
glad you have decided to join in and contribute after lurking.

Seeing as you have been lurking that long I won't say it 'cos you already know:D

Enjoy the forum.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bringing back on old thread...rather than starting a new one...

how about mirrors off a '01...ish... R1? has anyone tried that?

Have a friend who's changing mirrors on his R1 and will give the stockers to me if i want them...

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
bringing back on old thread...rather than starting a new one...

how about mirrors off a '01...ish... R1? has anyone tried that?

Have a friend who's changing mirrors on his R1 and will give the stockers to me if i want them...

I have not heard of that but VFR mirrors seem to be popular on 955 Sprints at least. Lots of threads about that.

cheers
DaveM:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts