Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possibly old ground here, but has anybody looked at changing the stock mirrors on 2006 scrambler,if so what options are there,the stocks seem really heavy. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I changed mine to black Napoleon bar ends. I had to mod the insertion bushing of the mirrors by cutting it in half and then using a nylon bushingwww.rivbike.com
(These are also available at any bicycle shop) and an appropriate length 5mm bolt to screw into existing welded-in bar inserts. Don't forget a washer and some locktite.

I have since started running speed triple bars on the scram, and had to re-jigger the mirrors, since S3 bars don't have the welded insert.

Can;t recommend the Napoleons high enough, except there is a vibration issue. I dunno how to solve it yet, but it doesn't bother me. Cars just look squigly......

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you click my clamp007 username, there's a thread about me posting my clamp-on mirrors on my scrambler. They work really well!
Rob, I'd love to see pics of your bike with the Speed Triple bars. Do you have any?
Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts