Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... Usual fat bloke problem, I'm afraid. I get a fine view of my elbows and shoulders but nothing else. I need to get either mirror extenders or go for bar end mirrors. I've never used bar end mirrors so has anyone got any thoughts/preferences? I'm away at the moment and can't get to the bike but want to get the order in so I can fit them when I return. And on this point can anyone advise whether it's an 8mm or 10mm size for the extenders and whether the bar ends are 7/8" (22mm) size? Bike is a 2001 Adventurer.

As always grateful for any helpful advice.

Rob

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I never used bar ends before either. Get a good quality pair and you'll never look back (literally)

Zee
2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
2010 BMW F650GS

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If you have stock bars with the bar end weights screwed in you'll have to find a mirror that you can adapt to that screw or you have to remove that weld out. It's easier to guide if we know what bike, stock bars???? Etc etc but most bars on the triples are 7/8"

Zee
2010 BMW F650GS

·
Registered
205 Posts
You and I have the same bike and I ended up getting Ken Sean 920030 Matte Black 7/8" Universal Semi-Rectangle Bar End Mirror from Amazon (less than $20 so certainly nothing special). Despite the low cost, I've been very happy with them and they work. I don't see any part of my body in them.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, all. Not sure until I get home and check but I don't think that there are bar end weights fitted. If memory is correct I rather think that they look like plastic plugs... I'll try to pop the one on the RHS out and measure the internal diameter.

Not even sure if these are the original bars, either... They aren't the 'high' bars that you sometimes see on late Adventurers but as long as the internal diameter is Ok that's all that counts, I suppose.

Rob

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You and I have the same bike and I ended up getting Ken Sean 920030 Matte Black 7/8" Universal Semi-Rectangle Bar End Mirror from Amazon (less than $20 so certainly nothing special). Despite the low cost, I've been very happy with them and they work. I don't see any part of my body in them.

NICE - what handlebars are those if I may ask?

Zee
2010 BMW F650GS

·
Registered
205 Posts
NICE - what handlebars are those if I may ask?

Zee
2010 BMW F650GS
I'm trying to find my order for the handlebars but I think they are BikeMaster Daytona. Nothing special but they are a good compromise between the originals and bar ends (back is way too old for those).

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
@Litizrat - I looked up the bike master site but the Daytona bars look different.

Zee
2010 BMW F650GS

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 1996 Adventurer and I went with bar end mirrors chrome. I have alot of chrome on the bike so I continued that look... I like these cheap ebay Chinese end mirror for $30 delivered.
You can flip the mirrors out for better angle but I went flipping them in because I like the tighter look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts