Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for mirror extenders for my 2001 Sprint ST .
Does anyone know of a source ?

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Mirror extenders

Hi Chris,

When I first got my bike in 04 I couldn't see didly using the mirrors. It wasn't until a friend stood behind my bike and gradually walked towards me showing me where my correctly adjusted mirrors stopped seeing things, that I realised they were pretty good after all.

You and I are of similar build, so I would be really surprised if you needed extenders. Why don't you pop over one evening, or on the way home from work, and I'll set your mirrors up as I have mine, and do the same walking trick that my friend did for me.

Rexx

·
Registered
379 Posts
I haven't seen this one in a looong time. I recall that one of the members here made his own since nothing aftermarket was available. But that was years ago and the search function may not go that far back. Good luck w that one. As an '01 owner also, I will say that after some trial and error they can be set up pretty good. I did know a guy who had the VFR mirrors, but as Dave said, that was more for looks. They were actually just a bit lower and a bit longer...not much help but maybe a fun little project.

Charlie...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chris,

When I first got my bike in 04 I couldn't see didly using the mirrors. It wasn't until a friend stood behind my bike and gradually walked towards me showing me where my correctly adjusted mirrors stopped seeing things, that I realised they were pretty good after all.

You and I are of similar build, so I would be really surprised if you needed extenders. Why don't you pop over one evening, or on the way home from work, and I'll set your mirrors up as I have mine, and do the same walking trick that my friend did for me.

Rexx[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mark.
I may well take you up on that.
I will be in Swindon today( Wednesday) & will see what time it is after work when I have had a good look at the new Triumph Thunderbird 1600cc at Performance Triumph. I will also be up on Friday but dont want to interfere with your enjoyment of Sainsburys ???:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try looking at skykings website. I bought some mirror extenders for my '03 sprint from them. They are just a milled hunk of plastic shaped like the base the mirror and about an inch or so thick. They do help you see beyond your elbows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts