Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No reserve on a mint '74 Trident on Bring A Trailer. 2,710 miles.

Will be interesting to see what it brings.

GN

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What happened to the English buyer?
Adam - you referring to my Trident? Had 2 very interested parties, one in Ireland, one in Switzerland.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Gator

I would be careful of these people

K

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kadutz -

Thank you. In all discussions all understood the terms: nothing happens until I have cash money in my hands.

GN

Gator

I would be careful of these people

K

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Just be aware that they have censored my posts and nothing negative was said. Pointed out facts.
They in my opinion are pushing numbers
K

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kadutz -

Are you talking about BaT?

GN

Kadutz -

Thank you. In all discussions all understood the terms: nothing happens until I have cash money in my hands.

GN
Just be aware that they have censored my posts and nothing negative was said. Pointed out facts.
They in my opinion are pushing numbers
K

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, K - what are your thoughts on the numbers on all 3 bikes? The T120R will surely go a lot higher.......

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
As far as numbers (I assume you are talking bid/selling prices) not something I usually comment on for various reasons. I note there have been 3 T150's sold here since 3/20 prices between $5600 & $8100. A the 2 nicer ones sold for $7500 & $8100 I would think this one sell for about that much it is currently at $5600.

As to the 70 T120R that is one VERY nice machine. Based on what other similar machines have sold for on this (and other) site/s I would not be surprised to see this one top $10,000 The worst thing I can say is its missing the horns,taillight extender, and 'BONNEVILLE' transfer on the gas tank. I made comments regarding the part numbers needed for the horns. Since they don't appear quickly I must assume someone is 'reviewing' comments and only allowing "approved statements" Note I did two posts 45 minutes apart. The later one was a test as the first on hadn't shown up yet and was not visible on my screen.

Now on that T140V. I did a posting 6/14 8:57pm that was in response to some other comments made about the bike.
Nothing nasty just pointing out a few things Such as not original paint, repop taillight & turn signals, braided brake line, master cylinder isn't stock, wiring at stop lamp switch, the crankcase vent hose is held on with zip ties and a few other details. That post is visible on my screen but not in the thread. So it would appear the website is withholding certain comments. No one contacted me regarding what I stated other than they review first post and it should be live soon. That was 5 days ago and it still says the same thing. Was the bike worth what it sold for that answer is above my pay grade.

K

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Congratulations Gator on your sell, bike is really in a great original shape. Quite far for mine in that aspect :).
However I like using mine, it fits me well.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adam - ????? This was NOT my bike. Mine is in similar - in some ways better condition (see points made by Kadutz) with 10x the miles, almost all by original owner.

I will take $7k for mine tho - had 2 offers for that in '18, did not take them. I have all papers, Triumph certification, original receipt, and more.

GN

Congratulations Gator on your sell, bike is really in a great original shape. Quite far for mine in that aspect :).
However I like using mine, it fits me well.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
K -

I'm sorry your posts did not get posted. Wondering why. Wish they had, the price might have been a little lower if they had made it, we'll never know.

I think the price was reasonable for the mileage and condition. Seems one on Mechum went for same price that wasn't as nice.

Take care friend,

GN

As far as numbers (I assume you are talking bid/selling prices) not something I usually comment on for various reasons. I note there have been 3 T150's sold here since 3/20 prices between $5600 & $8100. A the 2 nicer ones sold for $7500 & $8100 I would think this one sell for about that much it is currently at $5600.

As to the 70 T120R that is one VERY nice machine. Based on what other similar machines have sold for on this (and other) site/s I would not be surprised to see this one top $10,000 The worst thing I can say is its missing the horns,taillight extender, and 'BONNEVILLE' transfer on the gas tank. I made comments regarding the part numbers needed for the horns. Since they don't appear quickly I must assume someone is 'reviewing' comments and only allowing "approved statements" Note I did two posts 45 minutes apart. The later one was a test as the first on hadn't shown up yet and was not visible on my screen.

Now on that T140V. I did a posting 6/14 8:57pm that was in response to some other comments made about the bike.
Nothing nasty just pointing out a few things Such as not original paint, repop taillight & turn signals, braided brake line, master cylinder isn't stock, wiring at stop lamp switch, the crankcase vent hose is held on with zip ties and a few other details. That post is visible on my screen but not in the thread. So it would appear the website is withholding certain comments. No one contacted me regarding what I stated other than they review first post and it should be live soon. That was 5 days ago and it still says the same thing. Was the bike worth what it sold for that answer is above my pay grade.

K

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
K -

I'm sorry your posts did not get posted. Wondering why. Wish they had, the price might have been a little lower if they had made it, we'll never know.

I think the price was reasonable for the mileage and condition. Seems one on Mechum went for same price that wasn't as nice.

Take care friend,

GN
Gator

Number 1 Really glad to hear it wasn't your bike. Nothing to do with the bike but if you left your VA home for this neighborhood in Tenn it would be depressing. Be aware my Momma was born about 113 mile south in 1914..

I think you and I can figure out why my post is still in Limbo. Look at the number of Vehicles the T140 seller has sold on this site. Answer Money talks a and B/S walks. Ethics may be sold for a $99 listing.

As far as the buying auction/bid pricing. NOTHING I would/will EVER involved with

K

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
K -

My dad was born in a farmhouse in Macon County, TN in 1917, just south of Scottsville, KY on Hanes Road just north of Hanestown road - a Hanes of course. My great x3 grandfather, Benjamin F. Hanes, was born in 1748 in Hanover County VA just north of where I live, was in St. John's church when Patrick Henry spoke. He and his 4 brothers immediately signed up to fight in the Rev. War - more than any family in Hanover County. He guarded prisoners for Lafayette. He was poor and illiterate. In 1802 the Fed. gov. offered 2000 acre land grants to all war vets if they would move west.

He did and claimed his 2,000 acres on Long Creek which was then in Sumpter County, TN, and died there in 1850. The Fed gov. put up a monument for all Rev. War vets, and I need to go see his - never been there. I have a copy of his 1832 Rev. War Pension Application in which he tells all this and more.

If I can get there would love to see you on the way if you are 100 miles from my route.

GN

Gator

Number 1 Really glad to hear it wasn't your bike. Nothing to do with the bike but if you left your VA home for this neighborhood in Tenn it would be depressing. Be aware my Momma was born about 113 mile south in 1914..

I think you and I can figure out why my post is still in Limbo. Look at the number of Vehicles the T140 seller has sold on this site. Answer Money talks a and B/S walks. Ethics may be sold for a $99 listing.

As far as the buying auction/bid pricing. NOTHING I would/will EVER involved with

K

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adam - hard to believe, but my Trident is almost as mint as that one, but 10x as many miles, almost all by original owner who kept it garaged and in mint condition in Ohio. And I have ALL the papers you could want with mine, including original sales receipt, Triumph certification, and more. Boyer EI, and runs like new, uses almost no oil, about what a new one would - did have top-end rebuild about '94.

No repop on mine. Ooops, yes, right front reflector as original blew off on me one day on highway.

GN

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
K -

My dad was born in a farmhouse in Macon County, TN in 1917, just south of Scottsville, KY on Hanes Road just north of Hanestown road - a Hanes of course. My great x3 grandfather, Benjamin F. Hanes, was born in 1748 in Hanover County VA just north of where I live, was in St. John's church when Patrick Henry spoke. He and his 4 brothers immediately signed up to fight in the Rev. War - more than any family in Hanover County. He guarded prisoners for Lafayette. He was poor and illiterate. In 1802 the Fed. gov. offered 2000 acre land grants to all war vets if they would move west.

He did and claimed his 2,000 acres on Long Creek which was then in Sumpter County, TN, and died there in 1850. The Fed gov. put up a monument for all Rev. War vets, and I need to go see his - never been there. I have a copy of his 1832 Rev. War Pension Application in which he tells all this and more.

If I can get there would love to see you on the way if you are 100 miles from my route.

GN
Gator

If you're ever near here stop by. Just be aware l am in the Chicago area.

I know the Scottsville area as I am originally from just NW of there. Family history is interesting. I've lost count of Rev War shoulders in the family. I know one 4th great-grandfather was at Valley Forge 77/78 and another one was at Bennington.

As of now the 70 is still at $6000 probably won't move much till a couple of hours before the end.

K

1 - 20 of 22 Posts