Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
They certainly look interesting. 1.5 lbs only! They mention a video to see them on their Scrambler but I must be blind as I don't see a video link.
It would be nice if they sounded like those blunts that were offered a while back. I can only imagine what a 1087 would sound like through them. Mike's sound video of his exhaust was incredible.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
I wouldnt go changeing yours yet.You have the high torque set up now,well atlest so far.You should find a set of 2into1s cheap and see how you like them ,the high end might shock you.So far I would say the 2into2s full system has the best sound and looks but the 2into1s are the hp king.Your setup maybe the best low end and mid range.
The 2into1s on your bike you will think you have a turbo when it hits 5000 rpms.You need to talk to carlos before you change pipes.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No 2 into 1s for me. I had the Zard 2 into 1 for a while and I hated the sound. And how often do you use the full hp ? I'd rather have a torque monster that sounds like a proper British bike.

The only reason I'm considering the TT setup is so I can cut off the last piece of the triangle that the passenger pegs and the exhaust attach to, to create a cleaner look. I looked at the D&D TT street pipes, but their low slung mounting was not going to work from my roads and riding style. Plus they are loud, even the street ones. The mini-preds have a baffle and might actually be quieter, but who knows right now ?

I'm just enjoying the bike for now. It is freaking awesome.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
The d&d is nothing like the zard they dont sound as good as a 2into2 .but you would be shocked at the power gain they give you its not all high rpms its from 4500 on.Everyone with a 1087 needs a set to put on when they want to go play lol.The street tt pipes will kill your hp.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just received my mini reverse cones but haven't installed them yet. I am going to have my headers powder coated first. Since your in my neck of the woods philn you should know that there is a good powdercoater/ceramic coater in San Marcos. They also do a titanium finish. I'm new to the site and haven't pm'd anybody yet. If you'd like to see them pm me with a phone # and we'll hook up. They're beautiful by the way and I can't wait to rip my snorkel, ai, removal and I believe the Arrow 2into2 tune should work. Is your Scrammie an efi or carbed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just received my mini reverse cones but haven't installed them yet. I am going to have my headers powder coated first. Since your in my neck of the woods philn you should know that there is a good powdercoater/ceramic coater in San Marcos. They also do a titanium finish. I'm new to the site and haven't pm'd anybody yet. If you'd like to see them pm me with a phone # and we'll hook up. They're beautiful by the way and I can't wait to rip my snorkel, ai, removal and I believe the Arrow 2into2 tune should work. Is your Scrammie an efi or carbed?
It's an efi with nothing more than aesthetic updates so far. I'm just browsing exhaust options, and like the shorter look without going to any of the current 2-to-1 options.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They don't come with baffles but they do seem to be packed nicely inside. The other consideration I can tell you about is that you have to cut a couple inches off the ends of the outer heat shields to install them and since they have no bend they don't wrap tight near the shocks but instead follow the angle straight out from the header muffler end brackets. Something to consider if you will have a pillion (me, no). Other than that I was surprised to learn that when installing them the exhaust gasket is not used, instead they recommend a liquid gasket/glue product. I'm going to have my headers ceramic coated as well as the cones and heat shields. This will address the heat problem (folks have stated that they can touch the cans with no problem) and give it even more of that "Hey! At least I don't need chrome to compensate for my underpowered, overpriced, but at least its made in America, Harley. So there, Foo!" look that I'm after.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You are right Killian, they are not cheap, can't argue that. The difference to me is the appearance of the riveted caps on the Emgos versus the smoothly sanded welded ends on the mini preds. They are polished so well as to look as they were made from one piece of steel. Worth the extra $250.00. Up to you. I didn't even know about the Emgos and I thought I had read everything. So it goes, I jumped the gun again, it appears, but at least I didn't lose the $250.00 at the black jack table.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts