Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with a fairing feel like it offers some wind protection on long trips? Is it worth the $260 price tag(!) for a small piece of plastic? I personally prefer the looks of the bike without it but if it does work i'd consider it. No, I don't want a Tiger.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Putting a fairing on a naked bike is like making your woman wear a bikini in the pool (or out of the pool)... it definitely breaks a man law

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea. i cant really justify paying $400AUD for a bit of plastic either...

i would like to get a few cowls etc for my bike.

>>are there any other discount stores, or cheaper race skins you can get for the s3???<<

spending 1/3 of the bikes value on extra plastic aint cool...

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
On 2007-02-11 22:58, Endoz wrote:
Anybody with a fairing feel like it offers some wind protection on long trips? Is it worth the $260 price tag(!) for a small piece of plastic? I personally prefer the looks of the bike without it but if it does work i'd consider it. No, I don't want a Tiger.
No & no.

At best it will make the air buffet annoyingly around your helmet.

Also makes the bike look like Batman's tophat wearing gay uncle.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Although I have one, I am not a fan. I agree, on a black triple, it makes it look like the batcycle. However, I truly believe it helps with the wind when tucked. Until I find something better, it stays.

[ This message was edited by: KarmaPunk1 on 2007-02-12 06:22 ]

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It helps a little. I notice the difference on the interstate when passing big trucks. But even then, the difference is small. The wind gets pushed against your helmet instead of against your chest.

But like others, I don't care much for the look. So I don't use it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have one and usually use it only in winter. Like Devious said it moves the air blast from your chest to your neck/head area. Seems like it keeps me from getting as cold on chilly days--don't have as much air hitting your chest. I take it off in the summer for maximum cooling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My flyscreen goes on and off my bike with alarming regularity - I just can't decide whether to keep it on or not. I find it does provide some wind protection but, as others have said, it's mainly a case of diverting the wind up to your head.

I love the look of the bike without it (if you've got the belly pan then it looks particularly aggresive when it's naked up top) but it's a whole lot easier to go faster with it on. Over 90mph you'll really notice a difference as long as you get your head down low...

At the moment it's on the bike, so it feels like all I need is a cape and a modified helmet in order to be Batman. Strangely, I get more acknowledgment from sports bike riders coming the other way when the flyscreen is on - I guess it looks a little more sporty from the front. Who knows?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I got this complete replacement from a shop in Germany for just over $300. Took a long time to get here, but it'll be worth it when I get a chance to make some brackets to mount it...

·
Registered
327 Posts
thats cool K- post pics asap

as far as the OEM screen does anyone have it on with clipons? If so post pics and tell us the diff.
thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you want a screen for wind proection on trips,get one,they can easily be taken off when you get home.GIVI have got some now for Speedys that look like they would offer good wind protection,jump on the givi site and go to the my bike section. :hammer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts