Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am looking at the D9 brackets as I am not thrilled with the stock bracket and saw a lay flat minimalist bracket which only cups speedo. My question is, in your opinion how important is it to have a tach? I ride daily. Also, how much would be involved in removing the tach and lights from the system? Thanks,

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If you get an aftermarket unit, you can have both in one.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
My question is, in your opinion how important is it to have a tach?

It depends how you ride. The bike has a rev limiter, so you won't hurt it by over-revving. If you are more of a laid back cruising type, then you probably don't need the tach.

Personally, if my tach had the odometer in it, I'd get rid of the speedo...

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
113 Posts
If it were me I'd rather have the tach than the speedo...
........................ your honour ! ;)

I have always believed that the tacho doesn't matter that much if you have a sense of the motorcycle you ride and of course its motor.
I.E if it sounds like it's about to blow up , it probably is !
Here's a thought , why not both in one ! two needles one red one white two bands one outside one inside , one revs one speed , now that would be AWESOME !!

cheers Staf ........ a bit too much leisure time methinks.......

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
The standard Bonnies don't have a tachometer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Minimalize - just do it!

Would love to , but when you live in Victoria in Australia , you have so many fixed and mobile speed cameras that you would be lucky to last a week without a fine.

Very jealous , looks great!

cheers Staf

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I've gone minimalist on my Thruxton/Bonneville and am going to be using a pushbike speedo. It's about the size of a watch face. Got an odometer in it too so I can keep an eye on miles/fuel.

The Sigma pushie speedos are really accurate and pretty inexpensive.

The way to go :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts