Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
I too served.......7th Btn. UDR in '79. Then Highland Fusiliers (Canadian Forces Reserve) for a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
On 2007-02-14 16:44, Motley wrote:
Wow! For the UK guys that served in Northern Ireland.........I was born and raised there. Heck, I might even have thrown petrol bombs at a few of you guys...........small world huh? Good times back then, good times.
Thanks for keeping me busy Motley, made the time go by really quick, PS, I hope the guys I shot were not freinds or family, yes good times indeed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
good video... not to bad for zoomies :-D :-D .

logged alot of hours in the back of one of those :cool: .

if it doesn't have guns it is a taxi

pete

[ This message was edited by: txpete on 2007-02-15 17:41 ]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well I spent 5 years on ones with big guns, actually the biggest gun on any aircraft in the world! The AC-130H and U model gunships (H model had twin 20mm's, a 40mm, and a 105MM) (U model has a 25mm, some getting a 30mm, a 40mm, and a 105mm). Now they are looking at equiping them with a laser type thing, that wont be as near as impressive as a 105. And if it can drop a 15000 bomb, it actually is more then a taxi! :-D

Nathan

·
Registered
151 Posts
On 2007-02-15 18:00, cobra935o wrote:
Well I spent 5 years on ones with big guns, actually the biggest gun on any aircraft in the world! The AC-130H and U model gunships (H model had twin 20mm's, a 40mm, and a 105MM) (U model has a 25mm, some getting a 30mm, a 40mm, and a 105mm). Now they are looking at equiping them with a laser type thing, that wont be as near as impressive as a 105. And if it can drop a 15000 bomb, it actually is more then a taxi! :-D

Nathan
but can it hover with mini-guns smoking :-D

AC's were were bad news on the bad guys..you know I had to give the zoomies a poke.
thanks for your service to "our" country.
salute
pete
air cav.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
On 2007-02-15 07:59, doodledog wrote:
Wow! For the UK guys that served in Northern Ireland.........I was born and raised there. Heck, I might even have thrown petrol bombs at a few of you guys...........small world huh? Good times back then, good times.
Thanks for keeping me busy Motley, made the time go by really quick, PS, I hope the guys I shot were not freinds or family, yes good times indeed.
You gotta love this place!
Where else can guys from both sides of The Troubles get along? :cool:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice point Silverado! With that in mind, are there any former members of the North Vietnamese Army or the Iraqi Republican Guard on the site for me to hang around with? :-D

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Wow! For the UK guys that served in Northern Ireland.........I was born and raised there. Heck, I might even have thrown petrol bombs at a few

Ditto. I must point out that I never shot anyone whilst there, but did bash several people with my rifle butt whilst on roadblocks or doing house searches, for misbehaving.

It was nothing personal, I was just there to do a job and just like doodledog, it`s all in the past and I`d happily sit down and have a drink with these people now.

[ This message was edited by: welshrob on 2007-02-16 15:32 ]

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Ditto. I must point out that I never shot anyone whilst there, but did bash several people with my rifle butt whilst on roadblocks or doing house searches, for misbehaving

You sure it's not too late Rob to have 00LGN for your number plate ?
------------------
Ride on ! :wink:

·
Registered
637 Posts
On 2007-02-16 17:42, stanegoli wrote:
South African Army, Signals Corp, 1972.
Compulsory military service.
Enforcing apartheid was not my idea of a noble endeavour.
Sometimes as a soldier we are called upon to perform distasteful duties. But we must perform them with the highest degree of military efficiency! :-D

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
US Navy 1977-1983 Sonar Technician First Class, STG1, E6. Chased All kinds of submarines for a living. I had a great time in the military and got lots of skills, discipline and confidence which have helped me throughout life and career. Yes I was a sailor! I had the opportunity to travel a lot and meet all kinds and different folks. It was a great experience.

Ton Up! :cool:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
USMC 1975-1979 MWHS-1, 1st. MAW Okinawa & H&MS26, 2nd. MAW, MCAS-H New River. NATO Cruise 1978. Got to visit places that I would have never seen and will never see again. Proud to have had the opportunity to wear my countries uniform. Semper Fi!

Okinawa New Years Day 1977

·
Registered
669 Posts
On 2007-02-16 09:04, Silverado57 wrote:
You gotta love this place!
Where else can guys from both sides of The Troubles get along? :cool:
No sense cryin' over spilled milk.

·
Registered
669 Posts
On 2007-02-16 15:31, welshrob wrote:
.............. it`s all in the past and I`d happily sit down and have a drink with these people now.
I'm sorry but I couldn't. They (PIRA, INLA, etc.) were scum then and they're scum now.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts