Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this topic has been asked ad naseum. If that's true, please accept my apology. :)

I average about 25k a year but that's been in a decline over the last two years due to home projects and a wife with baby fever.

You?

Any issues with your bikes during your yearly mileage run?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought May 12th so I don't have a full year on her yet but so far 8600 miles. I have only had about a week so far that I have not been able to ride.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Only about 6K/year...work seems to be taking up way too much time. The good news is I don't have to buy very many tires.

·
Registered
100 Posts
6K per year, but I live where I work so there is no commuting.

6K also fits in nicely with the servicing schedule :)

Cheers,

Django

·
Registered
192 Posts
Was doing about 18k plus over the last 10 years but took a promotion last October that has knocked me back to about 10k. More $$$ but less time to ride. Seems there is always a downside.

·
Registered
523 Posts
From April to October 06 I put on 13000km on the blue beasty.. woo hoo.. hoping to match or surpass that this year. If I can find a good waterproof tank bag for my laptop and I will ride much more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have done 41000ks on my 05 in just on 18 months and just traded it for an 07.Apart from the done to death spongy front brakes I have had only minor niggles,best bike Ive owned-the 07 is gonna have to be bloody good to be better!!!!!!.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
On 2007-01-23 16:52, DrTriumph wrote:
From April to October 06 I put on 13000km on the blue beasty.. woo hoo.. hoping to match or surpass that this year. If I can find a good waterproof tank bag for my laptop and I will ride much more.
Dr, that's pretty impressive given your climate/location!

I got 32000km in 12 1/2 months before trading the 05/06 Sprint on the new Speedy. About 1200km on the Speed in 2 weeks so far :) I lied, I'm up to just over 1400km so far on the the Speedy.

Russ

[ This message was edited by: ruscook on 2007-01-26 23:06 ]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Seeing as Triumph (and all other makes) recon that the average is 3500 miles per year then you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Please stop all this riding at once and enable Triumph to re-adjust their service schedules. I mean. Motor bikes are NOT meant to be ridden all year, they are only to pose with. So.... no more all weather riding and please stop getting wet.
Apart from that, have a nice day............... :-D :-D :-D

[ This message was edited by: nehpetsthegrey on 2007-01-26 17:47 ]

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have had mine about 5 1/2 years... and am just shy of 85K miles... so I guess that's about 15,500 per year average... I ride rain or shine... cold or hot... the only time she stays in the garage is when there is ice on the roads... but then again, I usually work from home those days anyway... :-D

·
Registered
420 Posts
I managed 30,000KM last season. About 1,000 on the Suzuki, 6,000 on the ,05 and 23,000 on the '06.

I picked up the '06 ABS in June when a contractor spraying concrete sealer on a nearby wall on a windy day oversprayed the '05 and paid the trade in difference ($9,000) for the new bike. The '05 had 26,000KM on it when traded.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live and work in a city with less than a 3 miles commute to work, and get out of the city about every 3-4 weeks. I ride about 6,000 miles per year on the triumph -- and about 1,200 miles on my bicycle...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts