Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that would like to trade me his 01 Tiger for my XR , Ich I know nothing about the Tiger other than It has a triple which I like very much:D . Now the motor apparently Has a fresh bottom end. the top end is a different story 30k +. The odometer is showing 95k. Seems like a whole bunch to me. Should a guy even entertain the thought of the trade? What do you think ?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I`d question the reason for the motor rebuild ? if it was siezed the top end will be damaged !!

unless you know the bike i`d give it a miss but get an independant check done on it if yer keen to get it !! just my thoughts !!

KK

ps Triumph Triples are usually bombproof

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd question the whole thing. At 95k it should be on the original engine with nothing rebuilt, although the top end could be getting tired. Why would it need a bottom end or top end rebuilt. I can't see myself buying a bike with that kind of history.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It sounds too iffy for me - there are plenty of lowish mileage Tigers around for not too much money.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought If I got the Tiger cheap enough it might be not a bad deal. but the fella wants way too much for such a high mileage Tiger.
Thanks for your input. There is always a better deal down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts