Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

First time posting here, really excited to get to digging and reading through the different posts/threads. I did have something come up recently riding today and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it.

I have a 2019 Bobber Black, about 5000kms on it so still pretty new. Twice now (most recently today), I was riding and at one point the MIL / TC lights both clicked on. I noticed that my gears were working, but on my display it wasn't switching as I worked through the gears, instead it was staying on 1. I've done some quick googling and some people said it could be the negative battery connector, which I did fumble with and it fixed the first time.

This time around...I'm not sure what this could be. Any one have similar experiences?

-MELBA

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any OBD codes showing? The ECU monitors virtually every system on the bike so this is the first thing to check. To read codes, hold the i button and turn the key to on. When dtc shows in the speedo window, release the button and read the code. If there are no stored codes, you can see that, too.
I have quoted a response that tsmgguy made in another obd thread. Without knowing the obd code we can only guess at the problem. Alternatively you can get the dealer tool plug DealerTool diagnostic access to your ECU, for Triumph, Keihin and Sagem ECUs. Dealer Tool OBD and diagnostic interface for Daytona, 675, sprint, speed triple, bonneville, tiger, Rocket3, Rocket and a laptop. Or Tune ECU and an android device and a supported OBD bluetooth adapter and read the code from your ecu. Post the code and hopefully someone can tell you what the underlying cause is. However with a 2019 bike you should still be under warranty I would be heading to the dealer to ask them to look at it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hold down the info button as you turn the bike on. When the screen reads “DTC“ let the button go and you will get the code If any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts