Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys, 9100 miles and probably a few hundred left on my original pilot powers I know there were a few guys replacing them @5k but I got mu usage out of them my riding style is 70% twisty's and 30% highway(getting to the twisty's) no track days on this bike(maybe next year)

·
Registered
274 Posts
On 2006-11-13 19:01, zooplancton wrote:
amazing! i got a 3700 miles out of mine.
2500 or thereabouts here!!!!! I had to switch to Pilot Roads to try and save my wallet.

BTW - Nope , wasn't me in Nevada - see PM.

·
Registered
583 Posts
yeah,, that's amazing,,, if i hadn't had so many nails and screws and staples i would still only get 3 k out of mine. good job

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have about 2500 on mine so far and they're looking good. However 9100 miles on any moto tire is extraoridinary, unless it's one of those Harley factory tires that as hard as a rock.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Normally get a lot of kays out of mine too,a lot has to do with checking your tyre pressure every time you ride(i have always run the factory settings)and good suspension set up. :hammer:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
4500 for mine... about the same so far on Metzeler S3's and looking good for a bunch more. (end of winter)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
We never wear out tyres over here. We replace 'em either when you hit a pot hole and damage the rubber (and most likely the rim too) or when the rubber hardens up.
Our roads have no grip so soft rubber lasts and lasts, I've done about 6k kms and hardly any wear evident.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got my Power CT's. Will get them on this winter. Dual compound baby! :razz:

·
Registered
337 Posts
On 2006-11-13 18:55, jnicosia wrote:
well guys, 9100 miles and probably a few hundred left on my original pilot powers I know there were a few guys replacing them @5k but I got mu usage out of them my riding style is 70% twisty's and 30% highway(getting to the twisty's) no track days on this bike(maybe next year)
No way! You gotta be kidding! !!!!! :???:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just how square are they? hehehe

Although taking it easy in first really extends the tyre life... it's not the corners that wreak them ya know!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they are a little square but keep in mind i didn't do any trac riding but mostley twisty rides so the wear is perfect. if I get a chance i will post a pic. i do check tire pressure everytime i ride. didn't ride that much this season only 4500 miles . I will get new pp in the spring!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On 2006-11-13 19:20, cheapbastard wrote:
holy sh*t! 9100 miles?!?!? That's truly amazing jnicosia. Btw, where ya been, haven't seen ya around lately?
just took a break from the computer thing! we should plan a little deals gap ride this spring invite a bunch of triple owners from this forum meet up and ride for a few days

1 - 20 of 22 Posts