Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes. The best tires I've used yet. Great grip, I've been dragging the side stand. Good life, 8,000 miles out of the rear running fast and loaded for 6,000 of those 8,000 miles. No cupping on the front for a change. I don't ride in the rain much but when I have there was no drama, but I don't test wet traction. The best price for the pair seems to be at South West Moto Tire, www.swmototires.com. The rear looks a tad narrow mostly due to the profile. I'll probably fit a 180 next time mostly for the (slightly) increased load capacity and contact patch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a pair of Roadteks put on in Portugal mid-tour. I had previously twice had Bridgestone 020s. Both times the Bridgestones squared off badly. The Roadteks didn't. And the front outlasted the rear by about 2,000 miles. I've since replaced the Roadteks with Avon Azarros which seem a little harsher.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have them on my 96 sprint and they are fantastic! Hold a line and feel very good in the curves. They wear evenly no cupping and don't look bad either.
I am buying them again when I need to.
Mike

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Used Pirelli Corsa Stradas on my Sprint until the bike was written off and couldn't fault them. Have no experience on the Metzelers, but they won the MOTORRAD comparo.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
On my second set about to fit the third lot...had 020s then 010/020 front back mix then these..

They handle just as well as the Bridgestones last longer without squaring off so much, are fine in the wet, are cheaper and work fine for me..

For road riding I din't really think you need much more than a sports touring compound, they warm up quicker last longer and are better in the wet than sportier stuff :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
fired a set on my bike soon after buying it. I like them, but since this is my first bike, I don't have anything to compare them to. I bought them on the advice of my friend who pounds out 25,000 miles a year on his bike. He has run then on his FJR1300 and loves them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts