Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing with a sportbike when I notice 2 headlights quickly go by me in the other lane. I was more interested in the sportbike than checking out the motorcycle that just went the other way. I quickly wave to the 2-headlighted bike but don't pay it much attention otherwise. Based on the deep rumble, I thought, 'Naughh, ain't no way that was a Rocket. Too loud and too deep'
About a minute later a gray '05 pulls up next to me. We pull over and exchange names and numbers and shoot the breeze. Turns out he belongs to this blog.
He's got those Jardines and do they ever sound good. I will be getting a set very soon.
Always good to find a captain. We'll be doing some riding together.

·
Registered
563 Posts
They're a rare breed ! You were "lucky" to have found a "riding mate", mate!
:-D

·
Registered
876 Posts
I hit the Hill Country from time to time also, and have met a couple of members from the forum. One of these days we need to get a Texas Rocket get together. Luckenbach, or that place in Albert, TX would be awesome. Head out on the take some rides on the 33X's.. Hit the Lone Star motorcycle museum for lunch., etc. Somethin' like that would be a good time..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey TEX;

I was the one you met. I am always on the prowl in my 'HOOD' to see what might sneak up. The truck behind me did not like the maneuver I made to turn around to catch ya. But he will be alright.

The ride Saturday was pretty good. I had two friends from work come with me to "Coopers Bar B que" in Llano.
The ride was much better than the food!

I need a service done on my boy. He sounded like he had a cough at about 95mph. The riders I was with were kind of new so I had to keep it down.

Look forward to putting some Texas country side behind us!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Definately exciting when you run into a fellow captain. I have done so on occasion around the Luckenbach area. But not lately. Haven't been riding much in long time. Bear Man couldn't ride cause his back was hurting him so bad. Finally gave up and had it looked at. Did surgery on November 9th. Still recovering. But we did take the bikes out to Kerrville yesterday afternoon to find one last Christmas present. I made a mistake and I led us down this twisty road with lots of cattle guards. This part of the route was probably 30 miles or so. Those cattle guards were real hard on his back. Unfortunately, he is real sore and stiff today. Doc said about three weeks ago he could ride short rides and only cause he has a back rest on both bikes or he would say NO rides. Turns out the Doc rides dirt bikes so he understood the need to get back in the saddle.

As far as Cooper's BBQ....they get lots of "best Of" publicity. I have eaten at the one in Llano and the one in Mason and Llano is the better one. But I have eaten at a lot better places still. With you that close to Luckenbach and Albert, you didn't happen to make those side trips?

I noticed last week there is a schedule on the home page for 2007 Rat Raids. One is listed for Kerrville Nov 2 - 4th. Maybe it will be a good turnout with tour of the area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts