Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow will be Merlin's 22nd hatch day. For those who don't know, she is my infamous farting parrot:) She's also the one who got kicked out of Walmart.

A photo of her as an itty bitty being handfed by her breeder:

[/IMG]

And one from yesterday of her asking me for a head scritch:

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Congratulations Merlin and Roxy! I was going to say, "What a pretty tail." But I thought that might be misinterpreted.

H

·
0 Posts
The widgets extend greetings on the hatch day. They wanted to taste I mean treat him to dinner but I am not sure if he might eat widgets instead.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Merlin the girly girl?

Happy Hatch Day Little Girl.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Merlin the girly girl?

Happy Hatch Day Little Girl.
Actually we are a largely female household these days. Rowdy (another bird) and the cat are also female. I'm sure you all know I am:D Pete (bird) is the only male.

No, Hap, Merlin would not have much of a chance with a widget. She is nearly blind and thinks furry things should be her friends. Widgets have quite the hunting instinct as well. I'm sure she would enjoy one on a rotisserie though:D

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Happy hatch day Merlin. And what the heck did she do to get kicked out of Walmart?

I wasn't there but I think it was a case of race discrimination.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Yes, only great apes known as humans are allowed in, apparently. Don't tell Merlin she's not a person. She'll just fart back for an answer.
Seeing the kind of people who frequent Wal Mart, I'd say Merlin was more of a person than those...things.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool - happy hatch day.

Hey Roxy - have you read 'Alex and Me' by Irene Pepperberg? I'm reading it at the moment.

I've got 2 cockatiels that keep me amused.

Grant:cool:
I have. I'm a big fan of her work. There is supposed to be a movie coming out soon as well.

Seeing the kind of people who frequent Wal Mart, I'd say Merlin was more of a person than those...things.
Exactly!

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, here is an advantage to Merlin being a girl: my male amazon is spread eagled in my lap right now having his way with my thigh! Sorry I can't reach the camera, but I'd have to say my leg is no longer a "bird virgin"! Holy crap, you should hear the sound he's making!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts