Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TriumphRat.Net was in maintenance mode, and then a few unexpected service impacts, during and after the Members Album was upgraded.

The upgrade itself went well, but the site experienced some issues while I did some features testing. My apologies for the inconvenience but it was necessary to obtain a complete understanding of all component aspects.

The Members Album upgrade was primarily a functions/bug fix, but there are a few new features:
  • Improved Performance
  • Increased file upload size
  • It's own RSS Feed
  • Improved eCard capability
... and a few others

If you notice anything or have questions, feel free to post them here.

Thanks for Contributing!

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I have an album in the Members Album area, which is linked from my sig.
When I look in the Album index, I do not see it listed, but if I click on the link in my sig it takes me to my album.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a feature that allows one to sort by basic things (time, name, & etc), but not something where you can set a defined "order" to your albums.

I'll admit that it was a nice feature of the previous system.

The previous system still exists, just in an upgraded version with a simplistic theme suited for basic browsing. The ironic thing is that for all of the features that system had, it was challenging to administer due to it's lack of integration capabilities. Before the Rat.Net Conversion, myself and the other Moderators would struggle with "Album Burnout" and shutdown new submissions simply because we couldn't bear to deal with it.

The current Member Album System is highly integrated and automated. Over time, it will be improved with some of the advanced features we used to have.

One thing that will help is the creation of a structured category album system that all members can access. I'm working on concepts at another project before trying it here.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My own album in the member album gallery. i have 2 photo albums in there from when the site was swapped over. tried to create a third to put my latest track day picks in but i get that msg instead when i click on the link "Create a New Album"

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Panthers Den - The same thing happens on mine when I try to create a new album.

Wombat - this occurs when you go to "My Photos" in the Members Albums area. There, it displays your current albums, and also a link to "Create a New Album." That function doesn't work anymore, and this message is displayed:

"Sorry, Personal Albums are not enabled."

I tried making a new album today, and also about a week ago. Same problem both times. :confused:

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The issue was related to an attempted permission implementation that wasn't successful. I just forgot to put all of the details back to what they were.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts