Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Bringing this one home in a few days. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go along.

I do have the seat pan. PO's dogs ate the seat. I've already got the carbs and have rebuilt them (correctly, I hope!). The carbs seemed more complicated than on my 750Four. Hasn't run in over 10 years sitting in the PO's yard. LOTS of rust and dirt and stuff. PO says it needs rings, but I may just try to clean it up and see if it'll run first.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
GPZ --

the trident with rear disc has a chrome cover.

I have a T140E with underslung disc and would like to fit a cover but can't find one that fits. The S steel pipe that's part of the caliper fouls the cover so I'm hacking bits off the cover and offering it up. I'd get it rechromed once it fits (and tap holes in the bolts)

You don't know if the Trident caliper is the same do you?
mine is P/N 37-4263

The other option is to make a stainless hose that does away with the S pipe.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Paul, thanks for the comments. I'm now being tortured by all the little details that will prevent me from getting this bike on the road.

The aftermarket 3 into 1 is a Alphabet exhaust. I have the original box, with the stock exhaust stored in it.

When I rebuilt the carbs about 2+ years ago, before this went on hold, I followed Triumph's original instructions about adjusting for altitude, and went DOWN in main jet size. I hadn't thought about the change in exhaust, nor had the PO who did the work with me. It may be a mistake. He also had switched to pods, rather than the stock air filter. I may have to rework the jets back to richer.

The bike was originally set up for Tucson, which is pretty low compared to Santa Fe and most of NM.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems this board isn't real active so I'll add to it.
My 74 T150V

The look on my wifes face whan she first seen it was priceless

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm the third owner of this very nice, numbers marching '72 150V. The previous owner had owned it since 1983, and was meticulous in its care. It has 10,500 original miles.

It is stock except for the aftermarket 3 into 1 exhaust (if someone can help me identify the brand that would be great). Future upgrades will be minimal, but I can't imagine owning this bike without installing a Trispark!

I am testing the waters about trading. If you have a mostly stock, pre-73 Bonneville or Tiger you'd like to trade, let me know!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just bought this for 400$! Had a customer I have been asking for 8 years to sell it to me! He finally did! Been sitting outside for too long and needs some TLC!

t160-1.jpg

Now I finally have a project to dig into! Going to build me a Bobber!

t160.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tim - that is an excellent acquisition for $400. Even if it needs an engine rebuild you have all the major parts on the bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks! Guys! The guy who sold it to me is a good friend. I know I got a steal deal on it and he knew it also! He just finally gave in!

Tim

·
Registered
177 Posts
'74 T150v (us)

I couldn't pass this one up. It had been haninging out in a storage shed for the past 10 years; fired right up with fresh oil and a new battery, less than 6K miles. I plan on keeping it as original as possible. Had to rattle can some lime green scalops until I get an original paint scheme budgeted for this one.

I'd like to know where to obtain some (UK) "low bars" to play around with, haven't had any luck on locating any.

Bryan

1 - 20 of 134 Posts