Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
67 Bonnie

This is my '67 Bonnie. I purchased it in '69. Rebuilt it in 06 thru 07. Runs like a bear, (on points and condenser), leaks a bit of oil, and has the required vibrations. Got to love old Triumphs. Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Unit 650s

I can't seem to edit the above post, but here is a before picture and also a clearer after photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here's a picture of my ride. It's a '68 TR6R just after the winter' treat of new paint. It was my first attempt at a paint job, and I think I did OK. The bike was my fathers, and hadn't been ridden for 15+ years. I'm 18 yrs old now, and when I started working on this bike I had just received my drivers license. I really wanted a motorcycle, so I asked my dad if I could have the ol' triumph. He said "you can have it if you can get it to run", and that started the sickness. I really did not take much money/effort to get it running. So the first winter after I started riding it, I painted it and did a little engine work. Now I'm doing a complete engine rebuild. The previous two seasons of riding almost daily to and from work (15 miles one way) I logged around 5500 miles on the already tired engine, but it ran great! (frustrating at times, though.
Now the upgrades I have now are:
New paint
Boyer micro power ignition (night and day difference from points)
new tires/brakes
new speedo
engine rebuild
new amal carb
and much more!
It's been a fun adventure.

pics are just after paint

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
68 Bonnie

1968 T120.
Picked her up about a year ago. Previous owner had high hopes to restore her. Bought a bunch of parts, real nice tank paint job and never really had it put back together properly. Barely ran and poured oil big time! I basically stripped it down and rebuilt with some new parts. Rebuilt top-end of engine w/new pistons, rings, Amal carbs. Plan on performing a bottom end job as there is some main bearing slap while cruising with no load.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,535 Posts
This will take multiple posts due to number of photos per post allowed by the forum...

Okay, here they are, only the Triumphs, none of the ones that I don't have any more, or the non-runners, or the projects in-work. (oldest to newest)

1966 T120R Bonneville 650, mostly original, unrestored (one of these days I'll get the right air filters or adapters for it)

1967 T120R Bonneville 650, mostly original, restored by a friend before I realized I could do it myself. Still my all-time favorite!

1969 T120R Bonneville 650 with Joe Hunt magneto, velocity stacks, Magura levers, early style number plate / tail light, Akront aluminum rims, fat Dunlop K70s, unknown headers, and '70 paint scheme.

1969 T120R Bonneville 650 AHRMA vintage road racer. .020 over pistons, Sparx electronic ignition, Barnett clutch plates, plastic front fender, hand-fabricated upswept header adapters, number plates; other than that, BONE STOCK top to bottom, front to back. I raced it in "Historic Production Heavyweight" class.

Continued...

Found the shot of the trike...

I've since installed a nice matched set of wide rubber on a pair of Lincoln Continental alloy wheels (I had the tires sitting out back, and traded the other pair of tires with 2 mismatched wheels for the Conti rims & labor to swap 'em all out).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is my 69 Bonneville. All original other than boyer and a spin on oil filter, and the horn and the nyloc nuts everywhere. gets plenty of use and has done the Great Alpine Road though lost a bit of power at the top of Mt Hotham and the brakes were pretty warn by the time we hit Harrietville.

·
Registered
37 Posts
unit 650s

Irish bike: mainly original UK Spec. with US bars and reflectors. Just dimantled and now neing completely rebuilt.

1960 5TA in background.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
GPZ, thanks for the kudos. A friend gave me a "Minimum Oil Level" decal but I'm not satisfied with the finish on the oil tank and need to decide if I'm going to repaint or just ride as is before I waste the decal. There are a few more touches needed before I call it "Finished". The tank badges need the background and lettering painted. I found a air valve lever assembly and cables in my stash and I'm trying to figure how to make them work with the old un-threaded carb tops I'm using so I can mount and use them. I have two sets of carb tops. One set has two threaded holes in each top, the other has two non-threaded holes. My parts book calls for one threaded (for the air vavle) and one non threaded (for the throttle). My throttle cables have ends on them that don't fit into the threaded adjusters. Probably end up changing the throttle cables to the kind that will fit into the threaded adjusters on the tops that came with the new carbs. I hate to drill up the new threaded tops (in case I might need them later).The bike is really cold natured in that it has to be warm before it runs right and I think the air valves will help. It's embarrassing to drive away from the house with the thing coughing and spittingand it's kinda hard to drive and tickle two carbs at the same time to keep it rich enough when cold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Poke's '64 Bonnie chopper

New here so not sure where everything is yet but I think my bike belongs in this section so here it is.

'64 Triumph Bonneville chopper

Hope ya like it and can give me a little help on the wiring:brick:

41 - 60 of 529 Posts